    Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
    large.
    Thanks, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Nico Schuyt

    rf Guest

    Re: WAV editor

    "Nico Schuyt" <> wrote in message
    news:3f643d9a$0$28903$...
    > I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
    > Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
    > Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
    > large.
    > Thanks, Nico

    Oh my, Nico.

    Goto http://download.com and search for "wav editor". You will find 543 hits
    :)

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Re: WAV editor

    rf wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt
    >> I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
    >> Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
    >> Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit
    >> too large.

    > Oh my, Nico.
    > Goto http://download.com and search for "wav editor". You will find
    > 543 hits :)

    Ehhh, I even found more links myself. That alway makes me nervous and
    confused. I hoped for a (one) simple and specific advice.
    Thanks anyway of course!
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Sep 14, 2003
  4. Toby A Inkster, Sep 14, 2003
  5. Nico Schuyt

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <3f643d9a$0$28903$>,
    says...
    > I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
    > Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
    > Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
    > large.
    > Thanks, Nico

    Actually the windows wave editor will do that for you.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Sep 14, 2003
  6. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:
    > In article <3f643d9a$0$28903$>,
    > says...
    >> I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
    >> Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
    >> Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit
    >> too large.
    >> Thanks, Nico

    > Actually the windows wave editor will do that for you.

    Sorry, can't find in my Win ME :-(
    Thanks anyway!
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Sep 14, 2003
  7. Nico Schuyt

    picayunish Guest

    Re: WAV editor

    Without quill or qualm, Nico Schuyt quothed:
    > I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
    > Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
    > Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
    > large.

    Try this one
    http://www.e-soft.co.uk/AudioEdit.htm
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
    http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl
    picayunish, Sep 14, 2003
  8. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Re: WAV editor

    picayunish wrote:
    > Without quill or qualm, Nico Schuyt quothed:
    >> I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
    >> Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
    >> Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit
    >> too large.

    > Try this one
    > http://www.e-soft.co.uk/AudioEdit.htm

    Geez, it looks even more complicated than the videorecorder I have.
    Don't you have something simpler? (Important at my age :)
    Only thing I want to do is to make a selection out of a .wav file and save
    that as a new file.
    Regards, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Sep 14, 2003
  9. Nico Schuyt

    Did you look at http://www.real.com (real player) for a wav recorder.
    picayunish, Sep 14, 2003
  10. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Re: WAV editor

    picayunish wrote:
    > Without quill or qualm, Nico Schuyt quothed:
    >>> Without quill or qualm, Nico Schuyt quothed:

    > Did you look at http://www.real.com (real player) for a wav recorder.

    I don't want to record (nor play). Just cut and paste a selection.
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Sep 14, 2003
  11. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Re: Re[2]: WAV editor

    Allen wrote:

    > Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    > It's free/open source, and is quite powerful. Cut, paste, run various
    > effects/filters . . .

    Thanks Allen. Same advice as Toby, so it must be good :)
    Gonna try it tomorrow.
    Thanks!
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Sep 14, 2003
  12. Nico Schuyt

    Allen Guest

    Re[2]: WAV editor

    >> Did you look at http://www.real.com (real player) for a wav recorder.

    NS> I don't want to record (nor play). Just cut and paste a selection.
    NS> Nico

    Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    It's free/open source, and is quite powerful. Cut, paste, run various
    effects/filters . . .

    --
    Best regards,
    Allen mailto:
    Allen, Sep 14, 2003
  13. Nico Schuyt

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Re: WAV editor

    Nico Schuyt wrote:
    > I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
    > Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
    > Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit
    > too large.

    Just tried Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)
    Perfect!!
    Thanks again to Toby and Allen!