OT: WAV editor

Nico Schuyt

I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
large.
Thanks, Nico

rf

Nico Schuyt said:
I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
large.
Thanks, Nico

Oh my, Nico.

Goto http://download.com and search for "wav editor". You will find 543 hits
:)

Cheers
Richard.

Whitecrest

I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
large.
Thanks, Nico

Actually the windows wave editor will do that for you.

picayunish

Without quill or qualm, Nico Schuyt quothed:
I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit too
large.

Try this one
http://www.e-soft.co.uk/AudioEdit.htm
--
Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl

picayunish

Without quill or qualm, Nico Schuyt quothed:
Geez, it looks even more complicated than the videorecorder I have.
Don't you have something simpler? (Important at my age :)
Only thing I want to do is to make a selection out of a .wav file and
save that as a new file.

Did you look at http://www.real.com (real player) for a wav recorder.
--

Nico said:
I must admit I know nothing about editing music files.
Is there a simple and (WIN; preferably free) editor for .wav files?
Only thing I want is to make a selection out of a file that's a bit
too large.

Just tried Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)
Perfect!!
Thanks again to Toby and Allen!