    Can anyone please tell me what this code is used for?

    Thanks,
    Mike

    Mike Scirocco, Dec 7, 2006

  2. Mike Scirocco

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Mike Scirocco wrote:
    > I'm making a slightly improved version of my neighbors site
    >
    > clutchcouriers.com
    >
    > and came across this code, which I've never seen before:
    >
    > <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
    > type="text/javascript">
    > </script>
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    > _uacct = "UA-867827-1";
    > urchinTracker();
    > </script>
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me what this code is used for?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    http://www.google.com/search?query=google analytics urchin&num=50

    (Geez, that was so obvious I'm almost embarrassed to have posted it!)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 7, 2006

  3. Mike Scirocco

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Mike Scirocco wrote:

    > <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"

    It's for Google Analytics, which is a visitor tracking system. It gives
    you nice stats on which pages they visited on your site, and other
    things of interest. It still has the same downfalls as other
    Javascript-based stats systems, but I won't go into them here.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    Dylan Parry, Dec 7, 2006
  4. Dylan Parry wrote:
    > Mike Scirocco wrote:
    >
    >> <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"

    > It's for Google Analytics, which is a visitor tracking system. It gives
    > you nice stats on which pages they visited on your site, and other
    > things of interest. It still has the same downfalls as other
    > Javascript-based stats systems, but I won't go into them here.

    Thanks Ed and Dylan

    Mike Scirocco, Dec 8, 2006