[OT] Where to host an open source project? Sourceforge? Who offers Subversion already?

F. GEIGER

I'm considering going open source with a Python project of mine. Where
should I host the project best? I've often read people complaining about
Sourceforge, performance-wise at most. Are there alternatives?

I never could get acquainted with CVS. I like Suberversion, however, and am
using it now instead of SourceSafe (yep, I'm on Windows).

So the hoster should be able to offer access to a Subversion server.

I guess, most of you are on Sourceforge. So it cannot be that bad, right?
Are they known to plan to offer Subversion access?

Hmm, probably I had better asked, "where should I start my journey best?".

Any hint's welcome.

Many thanks and kind regards
Franz GEIGER

George Yoshida

F. GEIGER said:
I never could get acquainted with CVS. I like Suberversion, however, and am
using it now instead of SourceSafe (yep, I'm on Windows).

So the hoster should be able to offer access to a Subversion server.
Hmm, probably I had better asked, "where should I start my journey best?".

If subversion is a must-have for your project and you're looking for
a hosting service like sourceforge, I'll bet BerliOS is the best
choice.

http://developer.berlios.de/

-- george

Jarek Zgoda

George Yoshida said:
If subversion is a must-have for your project and you're looking for
a hosting service like sourceforge, I'll bet BerliOS is the best
choice.

http://developer.berlios.de/

You can also host your project infrastructure wherever you want and use
one of open SVN repositiories (see list at
http://subversion.tigris.org/propaganda.html). Anyway, personally I am
really happy with BerliOS. Good support, nice people, many site
features.