OT: Where to host my site?

(Pete Cresswell)

My current email provider only allows fifty megs.

Unless a new gig comes up real soon, I'll be putting up a high school reunion
site for my class over the next few weeks. The CD I just published for a single
reunion runs about 100 megs...so I'm thinking a gig of storage CYA...but low
traffic - *really* low traffic.

Can anybody give me an idea of what I should be paying for something like that?
i.e. low traffic, a gig (absolute max...) of disk space?

I don't need industrial-strength reliability.

Roy Schestowitz

(Pete Cresswell) said:
My current email provider only allows fifty megs.

Unless a new gig comes up real soon, I'll be putting up a high school
reunion
site for my class over the next few weeks. The CD I just published for a
single reunion runs about 100 megs...so I'm thinking a gig of storage
CYA...but low
traffic - *really* low traffic.

Can anybody give me an idea of what I should be paying for something like
that? i.e. low traffic, a gig (absolute max...) of disk space?

I don't need industrial-strength reliability.

You can get a quarter of a gig storage and 1 gig traffic per month for $20
(a year!) with Catalyst2.

brucie

In alt.html (Pete Cresswell) said:
My current email provider only allows fifty megs.

my old ISP only allowed 1mb. ok 10 years ago but a bit primitive now.
I'll be putting up a high school reunion site for my class over the
next few weeks.

i went to my 10 year reunion and discovered i was almost the only guy
who hadn't been in prison!

considering what an evil little bastard i was in school it was very
surprising, i guess i grew up.

Toby Inkster

brucie said:
i went to my 10 year reunion and discovered i was almost the only guy
who hadn't been in prison!

That's only because you were so skilled at framing your ex-classmates for
your crimes.

Frogleg

My current email provider only allows fifty megs.

Unless a new gig comes up real soon, I'll be putting up a high school reunion
site for my class over the next few weeks. The CD I just published for a single
reunion runs about 100 megs...so I'm thinking a gig of storage CYA...but low
traffic - *really* low traffic.

Can anybody give me an idea of what I should be paying for something like that?
i.e. low traffic, a gig (absolute max...) of disk space?

I don't need industrial-strength reliability.

Check with your school system. My reunion site was hosted through a
cooperative teacher who oversaw the school's website. It was a little
tedious to send everything to her, but it was free. :)