[OT] Which news reader?

Rob Meade

Hi all,

I've lingered in this group for a while, some times with large periods of
time before my head pops back of it my shell, but having just read another
post that mentioned about "which ever news reader you use" I thought I'd ask
them question here.

I've only ever used Outlook's Newsreader - its always been ok - not exactly
riddled with whizzy things - but then do I really need these?

I was wondering if there are those of you out there that haunt more groups
that have other preferred news readers and if so what they are - what
additional functionality do they have that you find useful?

I often wonder how people find my posts in busy groups, ie, its fine for the
first hour or so whilst its at the top of the list, but as more posts are
made and it slips down, if they've not flagged it in anyway how will they
find it again (so to those of you who have found my other posts and helped
me in the past - many thanks!)...this made me wonder if any of other
newsreaders come with the ability to say create custom folders and drag a
thread into it so that you can "watch" it as it were without having to go
into the main group and look.

Any info about the newsreaders you guys use would be appreciated - I feel
like a change and would welcome any recommendations.

My apologies for those of you reading this believing it related to an ASP
post - I tried to mark it as obviously as possible that it wasn't.

Best regards

Rob

arbpen

Rob Meade wote:
Hi all,

I've lingered in this group for a while, some times with large periods of
time before my head pops back of it my shell, but having just read another
post that mentioned about "which ever news reader you use" I thought I'd ask
them question here.

Although I am posting from Google Groups (so no XFace), I use XNews
available at <http://xnews.newsguy.com/>. It's free and easy to use.
I've been using it for years.

One of the things that I like about it is it recognizes a compliant
signature and removes it, just as it is supposed to. It also supports
XFace <http://www.dairiki.org/xface/>, which allows you to put a little
image (icon if you will) along with your post.

Rob Meade

One of the things that I like about it is it recognizes a compliant
signature and removes it, just as it is supposed to. It also supports
XFace <http://www.dairiki.org/xface/>, which allows you to put a little
image (icon if you will) along with your post.

Hi Adrienne,

Thanks for your reply - one question - whats a "compiant signature" ?

And if its compliant - why's it remove it?

/scratches head #:eek:)

Regards

Rob