[OT] Who's echoing all posts redundantly? Please stop!

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Aug 5, 2012.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    From: Lew <>

    Who's echoing all these posts marked with

    <quote>
    -- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    </quote>

    STOP IT!

    Please.

    Is this an attack from an unemployed Ukrainian tuba player, perhaps?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Aug 5, 2012

  2. To: Lew
    From: Patricia Shanahan <>

    On 8/4/2012 11:48 AM, Lew wrote:
    > Who's echoing all these posts marked with
    >
    > <quote>
    > -- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    > * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    > --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    > Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24
    > </quote>
    >
    > STOP IT!
    >
    > Please.
    >
    > Is this an attack from an unemployed Ukrainian tuba player, perhaps?

    The corrupted paths seem to point back to tds.net. I believe someone was going
    to try to contact their abuse address. Did that happen?

    Does the bug affect any newsgroups other than comp.lang.java.programmer? It's
    the only affected newsgroup I follow.

    Patricia

    Patricia Shanahan, Aug 5, 2012

  3. To: Patricia Shanahan
    From: Robert Klemme <>

    On 04.08.2012 21:33, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
    > On 8/4/2012 11:48 AM, Lew wrote:
    >> Who's echoing all these posts marked with
    >>
    >> <quote>
    >> -- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    >> * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    >> --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    >> Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24
    >> </quote>
    >>
    >> STOP IT!
    >>
    >> Please.
    >>
    >> Is this an attack from an unemployed Ukrainian tuba player, perhaps?
    >>

    > The corrupted paths seem to point back to tds.net. I believe someone was
    > going to try to contact their abuse address. Did that happen?

    Yes. Sorry for not reporting back earlier. I had hoped I could come up with
    better news. Here's the state of affairs:

    I sent email to as advertised in headers but the email came back:

    Technical details of permanent failure: Google tried to deliver your message,
    but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other
    email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error
    that the other server returned was: 550 550-5.1.1 The email account that you
    tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the
    recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more
    at 550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596
    r2si8675364wia.47 (state 13).

    I also tried the web contact form but that did not provide a proper category
    for this type of feedback (not even something faintly related, they just cover
    Internet connectivity issues and the like) so I didn't send anything via that
    way.

    I then tried various addresses most of which had errors, these didn't:
    , and

    No reply yet.

    I also contacted my news provider (news.individual.net) which is a paid service
    and I have experienced them as very professional. They replied within 2.5
    hours (on a Sunday!) and argued that even if they would filter those messages
    that would not stop others from replying to the echo messages leading to even
    more corrupted threads. They have a point there. But they also hinted my at
    time.synchro.net which you can find in headers like these:

    So I tried to reach them at

    ,
    ,
    ,
    ,

    No errors but also no response - yet. I suspect nobody read the email.

    Currently I have a filter on "X-Gateway: time.synchro.net" OR
    a pleasant experience currently.

    > Does the bug affect any newsgroups other than comp.lang.java.programmer?
    > It's the only affected newsgroup I follow.

    Not that I am aware of.

    Kind regards

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

    Robert Klemme, Aug 5, 2012
  4. Lew

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    To: Robert Klemme
    From: Arne Vajhoj <>

    On 8/4/2012 5:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    > On 04.08.2012 21:33, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
    >> Does the bug affect any newsgroups other than comp.lang.java.programmer?
    >> It's the only affected newsgroup I follow.

    > Not that I am aware of.

    Me neither (but I am only following 6 global groups).

    Which is somewhat interesting.

    I can only think of two explanations: 1) software bug in server only carrying
    cljp 2) deliberate action by someone

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 5, 2012
  5. To: Arne Vajhøj
    From: Robert Klemme <>

    On 04.08.2012 23:19, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
    > On 8/4/2012 5:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    >> On 04.08.2012 21:33, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
    >>> Does the bug affect any newsgroups other than comp.lang.java.programmer?
    >>> It's the only affected newsgroup I follow.

    >> Not that I am aware of.

    > Me neither (but I am only following 6 global groups).

    Here it's 10 groups from comp.*, 16 in total.

    > Which is somewhat interesting.
    >
    > I can only think of two explanations:
    > 1) software bug in server only carrying cljp
    > 2) deliberate action by someone

    3) someone misconfiguring his private news server 4) experimental news gateway
    software running berserk and the development team went on summer holidays

    Cheers

    Robert Klemme, Aug 5, 2012
  6. Lew

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    To: Robert Klemme
    From: Arne Vajhoj <>

    On 8/4/2012 5:26 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    > On 04.08.2012 23:19, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Not that I am aware of.

    >> Me neither (but I am only following 6 global groups).

    > Here it's 10 groups from comp.*, 16 in total.
    >
    >> Which is somewhat interesting.
    >>
    >> I can only think of two explanations:
    >> 1) software bug in server only carrying cljp
    >> 2) deliberate action by someone

    > 3) someone misconfiguring his private news server
    > 4) experimental news gateway software running berserk and the
    > development team went on summer holidays

    Isn't that sub classes of #1?

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 5, 2012
  7. To: Robert Klemme
    From: Patricia Shanahan <>

    On 8/4/2012 2:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    > On 04.08.2012 21:33, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
    >> On 8/4/2012 11:48 AM, Lew wrote:
    >>> Who's echoing all these posts marked with
    >>>
    >>> <quote>
    >>> -- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    >>> * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    >>> --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    >>> Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24
    >>> </quote>
    >>>
    >>> STOP IT!
    >>>
    >>> Please.
    >>>
    >>> Is this an attack from an unemployed Ukrainian tuba player, perhaps?
    >>>

    >> The corrupted paths seem to point back to tds.net. I believe someone was
    >> going to try to contact their abuse address. Did that happen?

    > Yes. Sorry for not reporting back earlier. I had hoped I could come up
    > with better news. Here's the state of affairs:
    >
    > I sent email to as advertised in headers but the email came
    > back:
    >
    > Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    >

    > Technical details of permanent failure:
    > Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
    > recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
    > further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
    > other server returned was: 550 550-5.1.1 The email account that you
    > tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    > 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    > 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    > 550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596
    > r2si8675364wia.47 (state 13).
    >
    > I also tried the web contact form but that did not provide a proper
    > category for this type of feedback (not even something faintly related,
    > they just cover Internet connectivity issues and the like) so I didn't
    > send anything via that way.
    >
    > I then tried various addresses most of which had errors, these didn't:
    > , and
    >
    > No reply yet.
    >

    > I also contacted my news provider (news.individual.net) which is a paid
    > service and I have experienced them as very professional. They replied
    > within 2.5 hours (on a Sunday!) and argued that even if they would
    > filter those messages that would not stop others from replying to the
    > echo messages leading to even more corrupted threads. They have a point
    > there. But they also hinted my at time.synchro.net which you can find
    > in headers like these:

    > So I tried to reach them at
    >
    > ,
    > ,
    > ,
    > ,
    >

    > No errors but also no response - yet. I suspect nobody read the email.
    >
    > Currently I have a filter on "X-Gateway: time.synchro.net" OR
    > c.l.j.p a pleasant experience currently.
    >
    >> Does the bug affect any newsgroups other than comp.lang.java.programmer?
    >> It's the only affected newsgroup I follow.

    > Not that I am aware of.

    Thanks for your efforts. The next question is whether anyone can think of an
    alternative approach to getting this fixed. I'm afraid you have already tried
    most of the things I can think of.

    Patricia Shanahan, Aug 5, 2012
  8. Lew

    Joerg Meier Guest

    To: Robert Klemme
    From: Joerg Meier <>

    On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 23:07:24 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

    > Yes. Sorry for not reporting back earlier. I had hoped I could come up
    > with better news. Here's the state of affairs: [...]

    I tried a similar (though less thorough) approach a few days ago, with no
    results either (other than the broken replies from tds).

    One more thing that might help is the following: in the German part of Usenet,
    we have a specific newsgroup to report abuse to, which to my understanding can
    then lead to the offending news server being blocked globally if they don't
    react. Is there maybe a similar mechanism for the worldwide Usenet ?

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    --
    Ich lese meine Emails nicht, replies to Email bleiben also leider ungelesen.

    Joerg Meier, Aug 5, 2012
  9. Lew

    markspace Guest

    To: Robert Klemme
    From: markspace <-@.>

    On 8/4/2012 2:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:

    > So I tried to reach them at
    >
    > ,
    > ,
    > ,
    > ,

    Sometimes is a way to get in touch with someone who can help.

    markspace, Aug 5, 2012
  10. Lew

    Eric Sosman Guest

    To: Robert Klemme
    From: Eric Sosman <>

    On 8/4/2012 5:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    >[...]
    > Yes. Sorry for not reporting back earlier. I had hoped I could come up
    > with better news. Here's the state of affairs: [...]

    Many thanks for trying; sorry your efforts have not yet borne
    fruit.

    --
    Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman, Aug 5, 2012
  11. Lew

    uBend Guest

    To: Arne Vajhøj
    From: uBend <1b.null>

    Arne Vajhoj <> posted as news in:
    <501d91ea$0$294$>
    >On 8/4/2012 5:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    >> On 04.08.2012 21:33, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
    >>> Does the bug affect any newsgroups other than comp.lang.java.programmer?
    >>> It's the only affected newsgroup I follow.

    >> Not that I am aware of.

    >Me neither (but I am only following 6 global groups).
    >
    >Which is somewhat interesting.
    >
    >I can only think of two explanations:
    >1) software bug in server only carrying cljp

    This would be partly true as the server is open to exploit.

    >2) deliberate action by someone

    "someone"?
    No prizes for the lottery winner on this one. The fact the cross-poasted
    threads are not a subject of attack has escaped your notice?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/90b1ba4e63328fc4?d
    mode=source

    Those "quotefix" posts are a feature of Hipcrime. The java enabled version
    (NewsMaestro) has been in Derbyshire's possession for quite some time. Given
    all the aid cljp has provided in assisting with sorting out the bits of code
    which did prevent the script from running it is no surprise to see the group
    targeted, as the group population declared Derbyshire persona non grata.
    More of a double whammy "thanks" posting series?

    Derbyshire is frolicking among the kooks in alt.usenet.kooks taking solid hits
    from the regulars with assorted kook awards coming his way.
    From: kensi <>

    From: Nadegda <>

    From: [Tor] Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler {One Of Three}
    <>
    All three of the above are apparitions of Derbyshire's invention. All three
    have been focused on a failed "coup" of a/u/k. How familiar to cljp lifers does
    that appear? Most are now being forged in lampooning. The pegboi is not happy.
    The action cljp is seeing is a standard reactive for script enabled kooks
    hellbent on having their last word.

    Join the dots to either wait it out till the open server dies or filter on a
    set field, is all that could be done. Those with balls could also contact the
    Sympatico Bell abuse desk asking if those posts are being pumped into a Tor
    network or socks4 host via their Bank St. (Ottawa) server.

    Given past examples it is not likely the shitstorm would ease soon.

    ---the only post on the topic, cljp you are on your own.

    uBend, Aug 5, 2012
  12. To: Robert Klemme
    From: Patricia Shanahan <>

    On 8/4/2012 2:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote: ...
    > I also tried the web contact form but that did not provide a proper
    > category for this type of feedback (not even something faintly related,
    > they just cover Internet connectivity issues and the like) so I didn't
    > send anything via that way.

    I sent a message through their web form, disguising it as a sales question so
    that I didn't have to provide existing account information. This is an IQ test
    for their sales department - will they get my message to someone who
    understands USENET?

    Patricia Shanahan, Aug 5, 2012
  13. To: Patricia Shanahan
    From: Robert Klemme <>

    > On 8/4/2012 2:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    >> I also tried the web contact form but that did not provide a proper
    >> category for this type of feedback (not even something faintly related,
    >> they just cover Internet connectivity issues and the like) so I didn't
    >> send anything via that way.

    > I sent a message through their web form, disguising it as a sales
    > question so that I didn't have to provide existing account information.
    > This is an IQ test for their sales department - will they get my message
    > to someone who understands USENET?

    LOL

    Great Patricia, this is a good idea! Let's hope for the best.

    Robert Klemme, Aug 5, 2012
  14. To: uBend
    From: Patricia Shanahan <>

    On 8/4/2012 6:48 PM, uBend wrote:
    > Those "quotefix" posts are a feature of Hipcrime.
    > The java enabled version (NewsMaestro) has been in
    > Derbyshire's possession for quite some time.
    > Given all the aid cljp has provided in assisting
    > with sorting out the bits of code which did prevent
    > the script from running it is no surprise to see the
    > group targeted, as the group population declared
    > Derbyshire persona non grata.
    > More of a double whammy "thanks" posting series?

    I did consider the theory that the corrupted messages are a malicious side
    effect of the current spam-fest, including the possibility they they are being
    generated by one or more of the Derbyshire-obsessed spammers.

    However, I think the best strategy is to try to make the TDS sysadmins aware of
    the situation. If the messages are not coming from TDS they are being
    repeatedly libeled. The TDS admins may have both an interest in putting a stop
    to it, and better resources than I have for doing so.

    Patricia Shanahan, Aug 5, 2012
  15. Lew

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    To: Robert Klemme
    From: Daniel Pitts <>

    On 8/4/12 2:07 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    > So I tried to reach them at
    >
    > ,
    > ,
    > ,
    > ,
    >

    > No errors but also no response - yet. I suspect nobody read the email.
    >
    > Currently I have a filter on "X-Gateway: time.synchro.net" OR
    > c.l.j.p a pleasant experience currently.

    Perhaps looking to the owners of synchro.net (not time.synchro.net), which
    appears to be a hosting service for BBSs. My theory is that someone created a
    BBS<-->Usenet bridge, which is broken, and is running it on synchro.net's
    services.

    I've been too busy to investigate it myself.

    Good luck,
    Daniel.

    Daniel Pitts, Aug 5, 2012
  16. Lew

    kensi Guest

    To: Patricia Shanahan
    From: kensi <>

    > On 8/4/2012 6:48 PM, uBend wrote:
    >> Those "quotefix" posts are a feature of Hipcrime.
    >> The java enabled version (NewsMaestro) has been in
    >> Derbyshire's possession for quite some time.
    >> Given all the aid cljp has provided in assisting
    >> with sorting out the bits of code which did prevent
    >> the script from running it is no surprise to see the
    >> group targeted, as the group population declared
    >> Derbyshire persona non grata.
    >> More of a double whammy "thanks" posting series?

    > I did consider the theory that the corrupted messages are a malicious
    > side effect of the current spam-fest, including the possibility they
    > they are being generated by one or more of the D3rbyshire-obsessed
    > spammers.

    You just replied to the biggest D3rbyshire-obsessed spammer of them all,
    without knowing it.

    Note "uBend"'s oddball "<nym> posted as news in: <mid>" attrib line. That marks
    uBend as a sock of the posting entity I call Morphy. That name derives from the
    last truly long-lived nym of his having been "murphy", and morph, for what he's
    constantly doing (besides obsessing about D3rbyshire, whoever THAT is).

    Morphy will troll newsgroups in rec.* and comp.* under various nyms accusing
    people of being D3rbyshire. He seems to think that since he's a sock-using
    nymshifting tard that every nym he sees is probably also a sock of a sock-using
    nymshifting tard -- classic projection.

    He's also guilty of spamming -- actual, honest-to-God spamming. More
    specifically he's made several multiposts lately, some with BIs up into the
    teens, as "Hydra_Blanket" and variant nyms and as "CastAlone".

    Since killfiling the twit won't work due to his morphing, I recommend simply
    ignoring him the old-fashioned way. If a nym's unfamiliar look for things like
    "posted as new in:", "oH Dear", one-word questions like this:

    >> "someone?"

    and other oddly formed questions, such as

    >> The fact the cross-poasted threads are not a
    >> subject of attack has escaped your notice?

    And, of course, "D3rbyshire" and unsubstantiated claims that random people are
    sockpuppets of someone with that name.

    --
    "To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the
    known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy." ~David Brooks

    kensi, Aug 5, 2012
  17. Lew

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    To: Daniel Pitts
    From: Nomen Nescio <>

    > > ,
    > > ,
    > > ,
    > > ,

    I killfiled the sonofabitch/bot/whatever it/he/she is by MID and haven't seen
    an off-topic post since.

    Nomen Nescio, Aug 5, 2012
  18. Lew

    uBend Guest

    To: kensi
    From: uBend <1b.null>

    kensi [known sock of Paul G Derbyshire of Pembroke Ontario]
    posted as news in <jvm8u7$6jv$>:
    >On 05/08/2012 11:51 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
    >> On 8/4/2012 6:48 PM, uBend wrote:
    >>> Those "quotefix" posts are a feature of Hipcrime.
    >>> The java enabled version (NewsMaestro) has been in
    >>> Derbyshire's possession for quite some time.
    >>> Given all the aid cljp has provided in assisting
    >>> with sorting out the bits of code which did prevent
    >>> the script from running it is no surprise to see the
    >>> group targeted, as the group population declared
    >>> Derbyshire persona non grata.
    >>> More of a double whammy "thanks" posting series?

    >> I did consider the theory that the corrupted messages are a malicious
    >> side effect of the current spam-fest, including the possibility they
    >> they are being generated by one or more of the D3rbyshire-obsessed
    >> spammers.

    Patricia.
    Most definitely not. Take that as fact. None, I repeat NONE of the people who
    have unwrapped Derbyshire have resorted to the methods of SPAM the nutcase
    employs.

    >You just replied to the biggest D3rbyshire-obsessed spammer of them all,
    >without knowing it.

    Do know this piece of free information, Derbyshire. AIOE.org has not set your
    "deny word" filter to cljp, it is okay to post your name (Derbyshire) openly.
    Your attempted control of Usenet failed in that regard for this news group.
    Others were not so immune.

    OTOH. Paolo Amoroso may still be listening to you at the abuse@desk. There may
    be a queue.

    [0ff]

    uBend, Aug 6, 2012
  19. Lew

    kensi Guest

    To: uBend
    From: kensi <>

    On 05/08/2012 10:53 PM, uBend wrote:
    > None, I repeat NONE of the people who have unwrapped Derbyshire
    > have resorted to the methods of SPAM the nutcase employs.

    Derbyshire must be you, then, since under your "Hydra-Blanky" nym you
    perpetrated the following excessive multipost:

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.misc,ott.jobs,rec.games.roguelike.angband)

    BI contribution: 1.7

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.development,alt.animals.dolphins

    BI contribution: 1.4

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: alt.games.xtrek,alt.config,alt.free.newsservers

    BI contribution: 1.7

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: news.software.readers,alt.journalism,sci.space.shuttle

    BI contribution: 1.7

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy

    BI contribution: 1.0

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.lisp,comp.lang.java.help

    BI contribution: 1.7

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,ott.general,sci.astro

    BI contribution: 1.7

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: sci.physics,alt.tv.lost,alt.startrek

    BI contribution: 1.7

    From: "Hydra-Blanky"
    Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,sci.physics,alt.usenet.kooks

    BI contribution: 1.7

    From: -dpk-this
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer

    BI contribution: 1.0

    Total BI: 7*1.7 + 1.4 + 2*1 = 15.3

    That's pretty spammy. And you *admitted* it, at the time:

    + --
    + aioe-EMP hash
    + name kuseijin From 2012, I think. Some kind of cohort of `WJ'
    + perhaps, though it's unclear.
    + Ed Strolek From early 2012. This may be the same person or machine +
    as Cthun: certainly
    + he/it shows some of the same repetitive aggression.

    All but one of the multiposts has a slightly different, excessive-length
    "signature" like the above that has the sheer unrepentant gall to
    *explicitly state its purpose*, which is to avoid being filtered as
    duplicate posts. So don't pretend you didn't *know* you were committing Usenet
    EMP at the time, you twerp!

    Anyone who doubts me, feel free to check each of those message-IDs out at
    http://al.howardknight.net to see that they're all by the same twit, all with
    substantially the same content, and all by *this uBend twit* to judge by the
    general tone, "style", and obsessive fixation in the posts' content. And then
    there's this, which you forgot to XNA:

    <jstmd9$a3v$>

    http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/msg/fddc236b19466b16

    + From: uBend <1b.null>
    + STFU, paul (seamus) kOOk.

    And this:

    <jun4gk$rm8$>

    + From: "Hydra-Blanket"
    + paul (seamus)

    Your distinctive obsession, your distinctive way of phrasing it, one in a uBend
    post with the same bogus email addy as this uBend post, the other in a post
    that is obviously by the same person as the EMP, with only slight tweaks to the
    (syntactically incorrect) From: header.

    There is no doubt whatsoever in any reasonable mind, after reading the evidence
    above, that you yourself are responsible for usenet spamming, "uBend".

    > AIOE.org has not set your "deny word" filter to cljp, it is okay to post
    > your name (Derbyshire) openly.

    Not my filter, nutcase.

    > Your attempted control of Usenet<SLAP!>

    Not my attempt. Like other attempts to throw sand on flamewars and trolling,
    probably acting on his own initiative. You're just paranoid,
    blaming your demon "Derbyshire" for everything (and everyone) that annoys you.

    > [0ff]

    A classic Morpyism, that. And yet you keep denying that all your various other
    usenet socks were yours despite how easy it is to prove.

    kensi, Aug 6, 2012
  20. Lew

    Nadegda Guest

    To: uBend
    From: Nadegda <>

    On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 20:48:37 -0500, uBend wrote:

    > This would be partly true as the server is open to exploit.
    >
    >>2) deliberate action by someone
    >>

    > "someone"?
    > No prizes for the lottery winner on this one. The fact the cross-poasted
    > threads are not a subject of attack has escaped your notice?
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/

    msg/90b1ba4e63328fc4?dmode=source

    > Those "quotefix" posts are a feature of Hipcrime. The java enabled
    > version (NewsMaestro) has been in Derbyshire's p<NEEDLE SCRATCH>

    It's you!

    Hi, Morphy. :)

    Now what was that you said earlier? Ah, yes:

    > This would be partly true as the server is open to exploit.

    Funny that you would know this. Generally the only people who would know such a
    thing are the server's administrator and anyone who's recently hacked the
    server in question.

    > Given all the aid cljp has provided in assisting with sorting out
    > the bits of code which did prevent the script from running it is no
    > surprise to see the group targeted,

    What specific type of delusional psychosis were you diagnosed with again? I
    forget.

    > Derbyshire is frolicking among the kooks in alt.usenet.kooks taking
    > solid hits from the regulars with assorted kook awards coming his way.

    Derbyshire must be you, then, or maybe Fred Hall.

    > From: kensi <> Message-ID:
    > <jvki12$ia2$>
    >
    > From: Nadegda <> Message-ID:
    > <jvi7pn$o36$>
    >
    > From: [Tor] Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler {One Of Three}

    $>
    > All three of the above are apparitions of Derbyshire's invention.

    You mean, all three of the above are your worst nightmare. Evidence has
    repeatedly been posted that we three are three different people and that none
    of us is Derbyshire.

    > All three have been focused on a failed "coup" of a/u/k.

    You mean, a successful coup.

    > Most are now being forged in

    desperation.

    > The pegboi is not happy.

    No, Fred Hall, deemed Offishul AUK PegBoy For Life, is not happy at all.

    > The action cljp is seeing is a standard reactive for script enabled
    > kooks hellbent on having their last word.

    That referring to your lame spamming attempts? You can't even manage to muster
    a BI of even 20. Or are you admitting you have something to do with this TDS
    nonsense?

    > ---the only post on the topic,

    A lie. I see a second "uBend" post in the header list. Apparently you didn't
    like whatever kensi had to say to Patricia Shanahan, a post I now eagerly
    anticipate reading next, as no doubt it contains another amusing smackdown of
    you, kook.

    Nadegda, Aug 6, 2012