[OT] Who's echoing all posts redundantly? Please stop!

Nadegda

To: kensi
From: Nadegda <[email protected]>

None, I repeat NONE of the people who have unwrapped Derbyshire have
resorted to the methods of SPAM the nutcase employs.

Derbyshire must be you, then, since under your "Hydra-Blanky" nym you
perpetrated the following excessive multipost:

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
rec.arts.startrek.misc,ott.jobs,rec.games.roguelike.angband)

BI contribution: 1.7

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
rec.games.roguelike.development,alt.animals.dolphins

BI contribution: 1.4

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
alt.games.xtrek,alt.config,alt.free.newsservers

BI contribution: 1.7

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
news.software.readers,alt.journalism,sci.space.shuttle

BI contribution: 1.7

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy

BI contribution: 1.0

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.lisp,comp.lang.java.help

BI contribution: 1.7

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
rec.arts.sf.tv,ott.general,sci.astro

BI contribution: 1.7

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
sci.physics,alt.tv.lost,alt.startrek

BI contribution: 1.7

From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanky" Message-ID:
<[email protected]> Newsgroups:
rec.arts.tv,sci.physics,alt.usenet.kooks

BI contribution: 1.7

From: (e-mail address removed)-dpk-this Message-ID:
<[email protected]> NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.21.70.65
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer

BI contribution: 1.0

Total BI: 7*1.7 + 1.4 + 2*1 = 15.3

That's pretty spammy.
SPNAK!

And you *admitted* it, at the time:

+ --
+ aioe-EMP hash
+ name kuseijin From 2012, I think. Some kind of cohort of `WJ' +
perhaps, though it's unclear.
+ Ed Strolek From early 2012. This may be the same person or machine +
as Cthun: certainly
+ he/it shows some of the same repetitive aggression.

All but one of the multiposts has a slightly different, excessive-length
"signature" like the above that has the sheer unrepentant gall to
*explicitly state its purpose*, which is to avoid being filtered as
duplicate posts. So don't pretend you didn't *know* you were committing
Usenet EMP at the time, you twerp!
SPNAK!!

Anyone who doubts me, feel free to check each of those message-IDs out
at http://al.howardknight.net to see that they're all by the same twit,
all with substantially the same content, and all by *this uBend twit* to
judge by the general tone, "style", and obsessive fixation in the posts'
content. And then there's this, which you forgot to XNA:

<[email protected]>

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/msg/fddc236b19466b16

+ From: uBend <[email protected]>
+ STFU, paul (seamus) kOOk.

And this:

<[email protected]>

+ From: (e-mail address removed) "Hydra-Blanket" + paul
(seamus)

Your distinctive obsession, your distinctive way of phrasing it, one in
a uBend post with the same bogus email addy as this uBend post, the
other in a post that is obviously by the same person as the EMP, with
only slight tweaks to the (syntactically incorrect) From: header.

There is no doubt whatsoever in any reasonable mind, after reading the
evidence above, that you yourself are responsible for usenet spamming,
"uBend".
SPNAK!!!
AIOE.org has not set your "deny word" filter to cljp, it is okay to
post your name (Derbyshire) openly.

Not my filter, nutcase.
Your attempted control of Usenet<SLAP!>

Not my attempt. Like other attempts to throw sand on flamewars and
trolling, probably (e-mail address removed) acting on his own initiative. You're
just paranoid, blaming your demon "Derbyshire" for everything (and
everyone) that annoys you.

A classic Morpyism, that. And yet you keep denying that all your various
other usenet socks were yours despite how easy it is to prove.

SPNAK!!!!

You go, girl!

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
--- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

Robert Klemme

On 8/5/2012 11:42 AM, kensi wrote:

It is unfortunately impossible to participate in USENET as long as I
have without becoming aware of the phenomenon. However, I am glad to say
that I am totally ignorant of the who's-who of the whole spam team, and
intend to stay that way.

Same here.
I just wish everyone who does care about who is or is not Paul
Derbyshire would take themselves off to a newsgroup dedicated to the
subject, and leave the rest of the newsgroups for discussion of their
proper topics.

+1 - alt.usenet.kooks seems to be such a place.

Well spoken, Patricia.

Kind regards

robert

kensi

Why did you change the spelling of "D3rbyshire" in the quoted material?

AIOE sometimes doesn't allow posting with that word in the subject or
body. I assume that also has something to do with the disruptive freaks
like "uBend", and/or an attempt by that server's admin to limit the
disruption (which, obviously, isn't proving very effective).

It's somewhat intermittent; I think the admin removes the filter after a
while or it expires automatically, then when the disruption from Morphy
and a few other like-minded twits continues, adds it back again. That's
been going on for maybe a full year now.
I was trying to make sure that this sub-thread would be invisible to
anyone who has chosen to killfile all messages containing that name.

The last time I checked, killfiles worked on only a subset of message
headers -- mainly From, Message-ID, Subject, and a couple of other
fields. A few newsreaders claim to be able to killfile on any header,
though I assume they have to download the message to apply filters on
headers other than the usual ones. I can't ever recall hearing of one
that can killfile on body text.
Misquoting is always discourteous to the person you are misquoting, and
in this particular case is also discourteous to anyone using a killfile
for that purpose.

Take it up with AIOE's admin, then.
It is unfortunately impossible to participate in USENET as long as I
have without becoming aware of the phenomenon. However, I am glad to say
that I am totally ignorant of the who's-who of the whole spam team, and
intend to stay that way.

I just wish everyone who does care about who is or is not Paul
Derbyshire would take themselves off to a newsgroup dedicated to the
subject, and leave the rest of the newsgroups for discussion of their
proper topics.

That isn't going to happen, because they are, as you noted, spammers.
They have a particular message that they feel is so important that they
must shove it in front of as many eyeballs as possible, and netiquette
be damned. Hence the off-topic crossposts, excessive multiposts, and
morphing to escape killfiles. That they're doing this not for commercial
gain but out of, essentially, religious reasons does not really make a
difference to the methods of a usenet spammer. And that they ruin their
own credibility by behaving in such a manner (especially since those
that oppose them remain calm and rational and do not spam, rather than
stooping to their level) also seems to be beyond their capacity to
grasp, sadly.