    Hope I find someone here helping me with that ....

    --
    alf

    alf, Aug 12, 2006

  2. alf wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I try to ip some music CD and later convert it into mp3 for my mp3
    > player, but can not get around one problem. ripping from Linux is
    > extremely slow like 0.5x of CD speed.
    >
    > In contrary, on M$ Windows it takes like a few minutes to have CD ripped
    > and compresses into wmf yet I do not knowhow to get pure wavs...
    >
    > Hope I find someone here helping me with that ....

    This is really OT, and you might be better off looking in Linux forums
    like http://www.linuxquestions.org/. That said, it's likely that your
    DMA is not switched on. Ask your question in the aforementioned forums,
    and make sure to state which distribution you are using.

    -pu

    Patrick Useldinger, Aug 12, 2006

  3. alf

    alf Guest

    Patrick Useldinger wrote:

    > This is really OT:

    yes it is

    > and you might be better off looking in Linux forums
    > like http://www.linuxquestions.org/. That said, it's likely that your
    > DMA is not switched on.

    thx for the hint and the reference - see hopefully I got to know where
    to find the answer.

    --
    alf

    alf, Aug 12, 2006