    on sites in the mid-90's(probably became popular as a result of
    this commercial). But I cant seem to recall what the ad was for.
    Does anyone remember?

    PCportinc, Feb 17, 2004

  2. PCportinc

    Steve Pugh Guest

    atSPAM (PCportinc) wrote:

    >This was a commercial which ran around 1995/6.
    >A girl walks into a room where a guy is designing a site
    >and he has those flaming bars on top which used to be popular
    >on sites in the mid-90's(probably became popular as a result of
    >this commercial). But I cant seem to recall what the ad was for.
    >Does anyone remember?

    The 'flaming logo' ad? It was for IBM. I think it ran a lot more
    recently than 95/96, more like 00/01.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Feb 17, 2004

  3. PCportinc

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:20:21 +0000, Steve Pugh <> wrote:

    >The 'flaming logo' ad? It was for IBM. I think it ran a lot more
    >recently than 95/96, more like 00/01.

    '99 I think.

    Around Jan '99 I was making some _very_ expensive phone calls and had
    serious money to spend. IBM (bless 'em) were the _only_ web
    consultancy / design house / whatever who talked sensible answers to
    me and weren't a complete bunch of pointy-bearded wankers (as was
    every other NooMeeja outfit we spoke to).

    Sadly the Powers That Be went with the Gustavs, and the site was an
    infamous disaster.

    Andy Dingley, Feb 19, 2004