OT: "why is your web site on fire"?

PCportinc

This was a commercial which ran around 1995/6.
A girl walks into a room where a guy is designing a site
and he has those flaming bars on top which used to be popular
on sites in the mid-90's(probably became popular as a result of
this commercial). But I cant seem to recall what the ad was for.
Does anyone remember?

Steve Pugh

This was a commercial which ran around 1995/6.
A girl walks into a room where a guy is designing a site
and he has those flaming bars on top which used to be popular
on sites in the mid-90's(probably became popular as a result of
this commercial). But I cant seem to recall what the ad was for.
Does anyone remember?

The 'flaming logo' ad? It was for IBM. I think it ran a lot more
recently than 95/96, more like 00/01.

Steve

Andy Dingley

The 'flaming logo' ad? It was for IBM. I think it ran a lot more
recently than 95/96, more like 00/01.

'99 I think.

Around Jan '99 I was making some _very_ expensive phone calls and had
serious money to spend. IBM (bless 'em) were the _only_ web
consultancy / design house / whatever who talked sensible answers to
me and weren't a complete bunch of pointy-bearded wankers (as was
every other NooMeeja outfit we spoke to).

Sadly the Powers That Be went with the Gustavs, and the site was an
infamous disaster.