    how can i see everything thats starting up when windows loads, and is there
    a specific app or script that watches for a cd being inserted?

    mark

    mark | r, Oct 15, 2003

  2. mark | r

    Ray at Guest

    Re: WinXP - how can i see whats starting up across the board?

    This is way too OT for an ASP group. Look for groups with "windowsxp" in
    them.

    Ray at work

    "mark | r" <> wrote in message
    > im irritated that every time i insert a cdrom i get a windows alert
    > informing me that some windows files are being overwritten, ive checked

    for

    Ray at, Oct 15, 2003

  3. mark | r

    mark | r Guest

    Re: WinXP - how can i see whats starting up across the board?

    been there dont that, heard nowt :(

    im not having a good time. thansk anyway

    mark

    mark | r, Oct 15, 2003
  4. mark | r

    Ray at Guest

    Re: WinXP - how can i see whats starting up across the board?

    You're out of control, Mark Pipe R! :] You could try disabling autorun for
    your CD ROM drive:
    Right click CD drive in explorer.exe
    Click properties
    Autoplay tab
    Choose "Select an action to perform"
    Select "Take no action."

    For your services.msc, what do you mean when you say you can't get it to
    work? Do you get an error? What happens if you right click My computer,
    click manage, and then try to access the services from within there?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 15, 2003
  5. mark | r

    mark | r Guest

    Re: WinXP - how can i see whats starting up across the board?

    The auto run is disabled.

    when i click manage i get an alert saying

    "MMC cannot open the file d:\windows\system32\compmgmt.msc.

    This is because the file does not exist, is not a mmc console, or was
    created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have
    sufficient access rights to the file"

    the files there, but i cannt access it.

    mark

    mark | r, Oct 16, 2003