[OT] WYSIWYG html form editor - any faves?

Alex Hunsley

Off-topic...
I'm looking for a wysiwyg html form editor, in order to make some web
application screen mock-ups. Curious to know if anyone has any
recommendations or faves? Or others ways of creating html form mockups,
short of writing some html?
ta
lex

Arvind

Alex said:
Off-topic...
I'm looking for a wysiwyg html form editor, in order to make some web
application screen mock-ups. Curious to know if anyone has any
recommendations or faves? Or others ways of creating html form mockups,
short of writing some html?
ta
lex

I have used Kevin Roth RTE - works well, same is the case with Tiny MCE

David Segall

Alex Hunsley said:
Off-topic...
I'm looking for a wysiwyg html form editor, in order to make some web
application screen mock-ups. Curious to know if anyone has any
recommendations or faves? Or others ways of creating html form mockups,
short of writing some html?
ta
lex
If you want a complete Java IDE that includes this feature there is
only Oracle's JDeveloper
<http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev>. Sun's Java Studio
Creator <http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/javatools/jscreator> would
be the choice if you also want a tool for Java Server Faces
development. For straight HTML editing there is the Open Source Nvu
<http://www.nvu.com> or the expensive, Dreamweaver
<http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/>. If you are quick with
your mockups Dreamweaver has a free thirty day trial.

As for faves, I use Dreamweaver for straight HTML development because
it is way ahead of the others in presenting differing views of a web
page particularly viewing the effects of cascading style sheets. I use
Java Studio Creator for creating JSF based web sites.

Alex Hunsley

Danno said:
Are those things still around? I hate those things.

I don't mean editors inside webpages, in case that's what you're
thinking (my question wasn't very clear, sorry); all I meant was an
editor (desktop) that lets you edit HTML forms in a WYSIWYG way. Maybe
you didn't understand and hate those too!

Alex Hunsley

Arvind said:
I have used Kevin Roth RTE - works well, same is the case with Tiny MCE
I think my question was unclear: I don't mean editors inside webpages, I
meant was an editor (desktop) that lets you edit HTML forms in a WYSIWYG
way.
thanks,
lex

Danno

I mean programs like Dreamweaver, that make coding into them a pain in
the ass. I love my JSF and CSS and I hope never to do that again. ;)