OT - XP SP2

SpaceGirl

mark said:
does the enhancements to IE cover better compatibility with XHTML / Mozilla?

Mark

Makes no difference at all. The changes to IE only fix security issues I
think. The rendering engine is untouches as far as I can see (SP2 on our
main machines now)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

I believe the updates only involved security enhancements, though you might
consider asking in an IE newsgroup. This has absolutely nothing to do with
ASP.

mark | r

i did say OT and as your not designers using MAC's i thought it may be
useful/interesting.

mark

Webcastmaker

does the enhancements to IE cover better compatibility with XHTML / Mozilla?

From what I see, they fixed nothing, they just turned everything off
by default. So now if you have a security issue, it is because YOU
made it happen.

Kind of like what they did with IIS.

Jeff Cochran

i did say OT and as your not designers using MAC's i thought it may be
useful/interesting.

Of course not. I'm using W2K. My wife is doing the design and ASP
coding on a Mac. Still isn't related to ASP.

Except, if you really wanted to tweak it, the firewall being on by
default may affect users running web servers on XP using ASP code.
For those users with that concern, see the XP groups for help. :)

Jeff