    mark | r Guest

    does the enhancements to IE cover better compatibility with XHTML / Mozilla?

    Mark
    mark | r, Aug 12, 2004

  2. mark | r

    SpaceGirl Guest

    mark | r wrote:

    > does the enhancements to IE cover better compatibility with XHTML / Mozilla?
    >
    > Mark

    Makes no difference at all. The changes to IE only fix security issues I
    think. The rendering engine is untouches as far as I can see (SP2 on our
    main machines now)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Aug 12, 2004

  3. I believe the updates only involved security enhancements, though you might
    consider asking in an IE newsgroup. This has absolutely nothing to do with
    ASP.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 12, 2004
  4. mark | r

    mark | r Guest

    i did say OT and as your not designers using MAC's i thought it may be
    useful/interesting.

    mark

    mark | r, Aug 12, 2004
  5. mark | r

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <411b55f4$0$15837$>,
    says...
    > does the enhancements to IE cover better compatibility with XHTML / Mozilla?

    From what I see, they fixed nothing, they just turned everything off
    by default. So now if you have a security issue, it is because YOU
    made it happen.

    Kind of like what they did with IIS.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Aug 13, 2004
  6. mark | r

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:35:30 +0100, "mark | r" <>
    wrote:

    >i did say OT and as your not designers using MAC's i thought it may be
    >useful/interesting.

    Of course not. I'm using W2K. My wife is doing the design and ASP
    coding on a Mac. Still isn't related to ASP.

    Except, if you really wanted to tweak it, the firewall being on by
    default may affect users running web servers on XP using ASP code.
    For those users with that concern, see the XP groups for help. :)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Aug 14, 2004