OT: Yet another reason to ditch IE and Flash

Discussion in 'HTML' started by pentapus, Apr 28, 2014.

  1. pentapus

    pentapus Guest

    pentapus, Apr 28, 2014

  2. pentapus

    Tim w Guest

    Tim w, Apr 29, 2014

  3. pentapus

    pentapus Guest

    On 4/29/2014 6:06 AM, Tim w wrote:
    > On 28/04/2014 22:40, pentapus wrote:
    >> The U.S. Department of Homeland security is advising Americans not to
    >> use the Internet Explorer Web browser until a fix is found for a serious
    >> security flaw that came to light over the weekend.
    >>
    >> http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ug-homeland-security-clandestine-fox/8409857/
    >>

    > Homeland Security?? Does hacking count as terrorism now?

    That kind, absolutely. Huge investment in it. Of course, the US has
    done it's own bits of hacking, most notably with Iranian centrifuges.

    My interest is primarily in killing off IE8, and since MS no longer
    supports XP, the primary repository of IE8, it's all good...

    Not that I would shed tears if other IE versions died.

    --
    pentapus
    pentapus, Apr 29, 2014