Other Problem: frameborder="0"

doGmaI

I'm working on getting my site correct (HTML Validator and CSS validator
....)
Now I got others 2 problem (the first one, is still not solved :( )

first: in the index2.html I put <frameset BORDER="0" blah blah>. HTML
validator says that BORDER="0" is not "standard". I replaced that option
with
<FRAMESET ROWS...>
<FRAME name.... FRAMEBORDER="0">
<FRAME name.... FRAMEBORDER="0">
</FRAMESET>
Now the page is correct. But everybrowser shows a frame border between the
upper menù and the lower page. doh

Second problem: anyone knows if the tag MAP is not supported in Safari (on
mac)?

David Dorward

doGmaI said:
first: in the index2.html I put <frameset BORDER="0" blah blah>.

No browser, AFAIK, supports the HTML way to hide borders on frames. (And
99.9% of the time, frames are a suboptimal solution to the problem anyway).

1. Don't use frames
2. Don't hide borders
3. Write your own DTD (and don't use HTML)
4. Don't use valid markup

doGmaI

Il Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:09:56 +0100, David Dorward scrisse:
1. Don't use frames
mmmmmm i have to re-code the entire site ... I heard about something like
server side include to make a menu on each page instead of adding serveral
times the same html code ... but i know nothing about this :(
2. Don't hide borders
but, again, each browser show a different type of border (Opera a grey
border for the whole horizontal length, IE a white border, about 2 pixel, FF
a 10!!!pixel white border
3. Write your own DTD (and don't use HTML)
Ehmmmm... what? DTD... I only know HTML and CSS :p
4. Don't use valid markup
The easiest way :p It wasn't a valid HTML page till yesterday... maybe I go
back to that solution for now

But I'm still angry with browser developer ... No one made a "standard
browser"... to do a small thing I have to code the page 4 or 5 time to make
it look good on every browser ... doh

SpaceGirl

doGmaI said:
Il Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:09:56 +0100, David Dorward scrisse:

mmmmmm i have to re-code the entire site ... I heard about something like
server side include to make a menu on each page instead of adding serveral
times the same html code ... but i know nothing about this :(

but, again, each browser show a different type of border (Opera a grey
border for the whole horizontal length, IE a white border, about 2 pixel, FF
a 10!!!pixel white border

Ehmmmm... what? DTD... I only know HTML and CSS :p

The easiest way :p It wasn't a valid HTML page till yesterday... maybe I go
back to that solution for now

But I'm still angry with browser developer ... No one made a "standard
browser"... to do a small thing I have to code the page 4 or 5 time to make
it look good on every browser ... doh

If you write to the standards and avoid things like frames *most* of the
standards problems disappear with modern browsers. The problem is more
to do with lazy designers :)