    mac)?
    --
    doGmaI

    doGmaI, Apr 25, 2005

  2. doGmaI wrote:

    > first: in the index2.html I put <frameset BORDER="0" blah blah>.

    No browser, AFAIK, supports the HTML way to hide borders on frames. (And
    99.9% of the time, frames are a suboptimal solution to the problem anyway).

    1. Don't use frames
    2. Don't hide borders
    3. Write your own DTD (and don't use HTML)
    4. Don't use valid markup

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Apr 25, 2005

  3. doGmaI

    doGmaI Guest

    Il Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:09:56 +0100, David Dorward scrisse:

    > 1. Don't use frames

    mmmmmm i have to re-code the entire site ... I heard about something like
    server side include to make a menu on each page instead of adding serveral
    times the same html code ... but i know nothing about this :(

    > 2. Don't hide borders

    but, again, each browser show a different type of border (Opera a grey
    border for the whole horizontal length, IE a white border, about 2 pixel, FF
    a 10!!!pixel white border

    > 3. Write your own DTD (and don't use HTML)

    Ehmmmm... what? DTD... I only know HTML and CSS :p

    > 4. Don't use valid markup

    The easiest way :p It wasn't a valid HTML page till yesterday... maybe I go
    back to that solution for now

    But I'm still angry with browser developer ... No one made a "standard
    browser"... to do a small thing I have to code the page 4 or 5 time to make
    it look good on every browser ... doh

    --
    doGmaI

    doGmaI, Apr 25, 2005
  4. doGmaI

    SpaceGirl Guest

    doGmaI wrote:
    > Il Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:09:56 +0100, David Dorward scrisse:
    >

    >>1. Don't use frames

    > mmmmmm i have to re-code the entire site ... I heard about something like
    > server side include to make a menu on each page instead of adding serveral
    > times the same html code ... but i know nothing about this :(
    >

    >>2. Don't hide borders

    > but, again, each browser show a different type of border (Opera a grey
    > border for the whole horizontal length, IE a white border, about 2 pixel, FF
    > a 10!!!pixel white border
    >

    >>3. Write your own DTD (and don't use HTML)

    > Ehmmmm... what? DTD... I only know HTML and CSS :p
    >

    >>4. Don't use valid markup

    > The easiest way :p It wasn't a valid HTML page till yesterday... maybe I go
    > back to that solution for now
    >
    > But I'm still angry with browser developer ... No one made a "standard
    > browser"... to do a small thing I have to code the page 4 or 5 time to make
    > it look good on every browser ... doh

    If you write to the standards and avoid things like frames *most* of the
    standards problems disappear with modern browsers. The problem is more
    to do with lazy designers :)

    SpaceGirl, Apr 26, 2005