    Best regards,
    Carey
    , Jun 22, 2006

  2. I haven't used XMLSpy so I can't vouch for whether functionality is
    comparable or not -- I tend mostly to work from the command line and
    Emacs and/or calling APIs directly -- but you might want to investigate
    the tools available for working with XML in the Eclipse environment. A
    description of some of them can be found at:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-ecxml/

    Joe Kesselman, Jun 23, 2006

  3. You can take a look at <oXygen/> XML Editor (http://www.oxygenxml.com).

    The <oXygen/> license is not bound to a specific platform (it runs on
    Windows, Linux, Mac OSX), you can freely change from one platform to
    another using the same license and it includes both standalone version
    and an Eclipse plugin version.

    Please contact us at support at oxygenxml dot com for further details.

    Best regards,
    Stefan.

    oXygen XML Editor, Jun 23, 2006
  4. "" <> writes:

    > Hi guys. What would you recommend as an alternative to using XMLSpy
    > from Altova? I need about 200 licences and similar functionality as
    > XMLSpy.

    If you need XML data binding support, specifically for C++, then you
    may be interested in CodeSynthesis XSD - open-source, cross-platform
    XML Schema to C++ data binding compiler:

    http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/

    hth,
    -boris
    Boris Kolpackov, Jun 23, 2006
  5. escribió:
    > Hi guys. What would you recommend as an alternative to using XMLSpy
    > from Altova? I need about 200 licences and similar functionality as
    > XMLSpy.
    >
    > Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

    My choice is XXE:

    http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

    It is not a true XML working environment, but a XML content editor. I
    find the WYSIWYG facilities of XXE more manageable than of XmlSpy, but
    this a matter of taste. If the main task is validating edition of the
    content of XML documents, then this tool can be really useful.

    Hope this helps.
    --
    To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
    in the given address: m.collado -> mcollado
    Manuel Collado, Jun 23, 2006

    Stylus Studio.
    Visit http://www.stylusstudio.com/switch.html

    -- Tony

    wrote:
    > Hi guys. What would you recommend as an alternative to using XMLSpy
    > from Altova? I need about 200 licences and similar functionality as
    > XMLSpy.
    >
    > Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Carey
    , Jun 23, 2006
  7. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi guys. What would you recommend as an alternative to using XMLSpy
    > from Altova? I need about 200 licences and similar functionality as
    > XMLSpy.

    Go open source. You can save a shedload of money, especially for 200
    licences.

    Eclipse or jEdit are the obvious candidates. Maybe not as slick in some
    ways, and you'll have to do a little legwork to put together an easy
    package of options and relevant docs for your users, but 200 XML Spy
    licences is a fair price to pay for some admin time. Eclipse is also a
    much better product
    Andy Dingley, Jun 23, 2006
  8. PennyHeeren

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Question on Alternatives

    I am no longer able to use XMLSpy... sigh. I need a freeware option that will allow me to view XSD files and structure of a VERY complex XSD sets of files. Ideally, I would like it to automatically open all "include" files & represent the structure visually - and then allow me to "drill-down" to the element level & as needed, pull up the specific xsd file that defines the element.

    Which of these (if any) will work as well for this as XMLSpy did?
    PennyHeeren, Aug 22, 2008