    Why would a code compilation need so much memory and how can I find
    where exactly is it consuming so much memory?

    Akanksha

    Akanksha, Jun 27, 2007

  2. Akanksha

    Chris Dollin Guest

    Akanksha wrote:

    > I have a little problem here.. I am trying to compile a huge C++ code

    We do C here, not C++.

    > of about 2 lakh lines and the compilation gives me the following error
    >
    > cc1plus: out of memory allocating 42381928 bytes after a total of
    > 391704576 bytes
    > make: *** [model_1.o] Error 1
    >
    > I am running this on a server with 4 GB RAM..
    >
    > The code uses ILOG libraries.. ILOG is a licensed constraint solver...
    >
    > Why would a code compilation need so much memory and how can I find
    > where exactly is it consuming so much memory?

    Dunno -- but you might be able to find out on a forum which deals
    with your specific compiler. I would ask for help on comp.lang.c++
    first, of course.

    --
    Hewlett-Packard Limited registered no:

    Chris Dollin, Jun 27, 2007

  3. Akanksha <> writes:
    > I have a little problem here.. I am trying to compile a huge C++ code
    > of about 2 lakh lines and the compilation gives me the following error

    [snip]

    You'll find that most people outside India are not familiar with the
    word "lakh" (it means one hundred thousand).

    Keith Thompson, Jun 27, 2007
  4. Akanksha

    CBFalconer Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Akanksha <> writes:
    >
    >> I have a little problem here.. I am trying to compile a huge C++
    >> code of about 2 lakh lines and the compilation gives me the error

    > [snip]
    >
    > You'll find that most people outside India are not familiar with
    > the word "lakh" (it means one hundred thousand).

    I assumed it represented something larger than 1000 :) Probably
    smaller than 10e9.

    cbfalconer at maineline dot net

    CBFalconer, Jun 28, 2007