    2. Do I have complier with special option?
    I using HP-UX machine.

    Thank you,

    bee, Dec 20, 2004

  2. bee wrote:
    > I have a program that insert a lot of records in to stl:map
    > <key,value>. I got bad memory allocation in UNIX but I able to run
    > the insert the same data set in LINUX.
    >
    > 1. How do you increase std:map size or is there an environment
    > I needed to set?
    >
    > 2. Do I have complier with special option?
    > I using HP-UX machine.

    OS-specific questions and issues are discussed in newsgroups dedicated
    to the respective OSes. Look in comp.unix.*

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 20, 2004

  3. bee wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a program that insert a lot of records in to stl:map
    > <key,value>. I got bad memory allocation in UNIX but I able to run
    > the insert the same data set in LINUX.

    That must be quite a lot or records. That means you don't have enough
    memory to accomodate the data and there's nothing standard C++ can do
    for you.

    > 1. How do you increase std:map size or is there an environment
    > I needed to set?

    std::map grows as needed (unless your library is broken).

    > 2. Do I have complier with special option?
    > I using HP-UX machine.

    Dunno, check the documentation.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Mcdougall, Dec 20, 2004