Out of memory

janicehwang1325

Hi,

I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
that?

Owen

Hi,

I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
that?

Generally it is because you have used up your allowed memory.

You don't say but do you have cpu/memory quotas on your server? For
example on one server I have a 3% allowance of the available memory.
Opening the same file file 6000 odd times gives me a "out of memory
error"

Could mean there is some wrong logic in your script

Xemoth

janicehwang1325

Basically i don't set any memory quotas for my server. I will try to
check the logic of the program to see if there is any wrong. However,
it is just a simple program. Thank you very much

xhoster

Hi,

I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
that?

Um, you are out of memory.

Oh, and you have a bug in line 42.

Xho