    the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
    that?

    , Jun 20, 2006

  2. Owen Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
    > clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
    > the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
    > that?

    Generally it is because you have used up your allowed memory.

    You don't say but do you have cpu/memory quotas on your server? For
    example on one server I have a 3% allowance of the available memory.
    Opening the same file file 6000 odd times gives me a "out of memory
    error"

    Could mean there is some wrong logic in your script

    Xemoth

    Owen, Jun 20, 2006

    Basically i don't set any memory quotas for my server. I will try to
    check the logic of the program to see if there is any wrong. However,
    it is just a simple program. Thank you very much

    Owen wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
    > > clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
    > > the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
    > > that?

    > Generally it is because you have used up your allowed memory.
    >
    > You don't say but do you have cpu/memory quotas on your server? For
    > example on one server I have a 3% allowance of the available memory.
    > Opening the same file file 6000 odd times gives me a "out of memory
    > error"
    >
    > Could mean there is some wrong logic in your script
    >

    > Xemoth

    , Jun 20, 2006

    "" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a server running daemon and using thread to handle multiple
    > clients. However, when there is a huge data cominig from to the server,
    > the error prompt out saying it's out of memory. What is the cause of
    > that?

    Um, you are out of memory.

    Oh, and you have a bug in line 42.

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    , Jun 20, 2006