Outdated Recipe?

Greg Lindstrom

Hello-

I am wanting to issue a system command on a HP-9000 Unix box from python and
capture the std and err streams. I have tried the recipe by Brent Burley
from "The Python Cookbook" (p227ff) but have generate a couple of errors.
The first is a warning that the FCNTL module is depreciated, so I changed
all of the FCNTL to fcntl, no problem. The fatal error is that the
FCNTL.FNDELAY is not defined (I had this error even before I converted to
lower case). I've looked to the online cookbook, but it has the same
recipe. Am I hosed for good, or is there another value for me to use?

Thanks again,

--greg

Greg Lindstrom (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health (e-mail address removed)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.W.