Outer join problem

PW

I've created an ASP application which uses an Access database.

I've created an outer join query, but for some reason the "Property_Def"
column is not aligning with the "ESPN" column. They should be aligned on
the ESPI common columns.

In this attached image, the first lines ESPI of 010471 "ADJUSTABILITY"
which should line up with the "Property_Def" column that says "An indication
of whether or not the item is adjustable".

I have tried adding Approved.ESPI = QTags.ESPI to the query, but I get an
error.

Heres the SQL of the query ...

SELECT QTags.ESCI, Approved.ESCI, QTags.attribseq, Approved.Seq, QTags.ESPI,
Approved.ESPI, Approved.Property_Def, QTags.ESPN
FROM Approved RIGHT JOIN QTags ON (Approved.ESCI = QTags.ESCI) AND
(Approved.Seq = QTags.attribseq)
WHERE (((QTags.ESCI)="005349"));

Any help appreciated.

TIA,
PW

PW

PW said:
[...]

Sorry, I attached some small images as examples, but they did not get
through to the post.

Bob Lehmann

The subject of your post has "Outer Join", but your example has "Right
Join".

Is that the problem?

Bob Lehmann

Jason

PW said:
[...]

It might be that you are joining the two tables on two different sets of
columns. (Approved.ESCI = QTags.ESCI) AND (Approved.Seq = QTags.attribseq)
I have never done that, or tried to do that so I don't really have solidly
backed answer, but I would guess that Access doesn't support it. I would
take out one of those, and then see if it works.

--Jason

Jason

Bob Lehmann said:
The subject of your post has "Outer Join", but your example has "Right
Join".

Is that the problem?

Bob Lehmann

A RIGHT JOIN is equivalent to a RIGHT OUTER JOIN.

--Jason