OutofMemory Exception Throw

Guest

Windows Server 2003 with 2G Ram ,IIS6

-> I have enabled /3gb switch in boot.ini !
-> Machine.config set to 80% memory Limit

However, It still throw outofmemory exception when

Guest

Ricky,

Did you ever resolve this issue? We are running on Windows 2003 as well and
get OutOfMemory errors after about a couple hours.

Dave.

JIMCO Software

Dave said:
Ricky,

Did you ever resolve this issue? We are running on Windows 2003 as
well and get OutOfMemory errors after about a couple hours.

OOM exceptions are often caused by fragmentation. One of the most common
causes for OOM is having debug set to true in your web.config file. Doing
so disables batch compilation which strews ~4k assemblies throughout system
memory causing fragmentation. Another less common cause would be pinned
objects. There are also some things you can do in code (calling functions
in XSL files, etc.) that create large numbers of dynamic assemblies causing
the same issue.

First thing I would do is check for debug=true in web.config. If it's set
that way, set it to false.

Are you experiencing a high memory OOM or a low memory OOM?

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003