OutOfMemoryException Error: Garbage Collector doesn't release memory to OS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Pyramis, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Pyramis

    Pyramis Guest

    Sometimes (once or twice by day) ISS raise a out of memory exception and
    get a dead lock state. I have seen that Garbage Collector doesn´t free
    memory when i don't use it, so Virtual Bytes grow and my applications
    don't work. The only thing i can do is restart ISS, but i would have to
    take care of ISS all time.

    Are there some patch that fix this or some solution for my problem??? In
    the microsoft web i don´t have found anything.

    I think the problem is that the used memory isn´t "marked" to Garbage
    Collector release it to OS.

    Thanks.

    ..
    Pyramis, Jan 25, 2004