Outproc session mgt in ASP . Net

ankushmn

i am working on web application in Asp.Net, C# in which we are using
Outproc session mgt.
As we manage session using Outproc there are two ways

1) Sql Server
2) State Server

in above we are using State session mgt.

In this case i want to know if we use Application variable then where
actually this variable store on Web Server OR State Server.

Please tell me ... our further development depend on this ....

Thanx in Advance

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Application state is always stored in proc - regardless of how you are
handling your session state.

If you want to use out of proc application state, you'll have to wrap your
own functionality.

Personally, I don't understand why the HttpApplication, HttpCache, and
HttpSessionState don't all follow the provider model...

Karl