Output folder changed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Afonin, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Hello,

    When I build an ASP.NET application, for some weird reason Visual Studio.Net
    started to put my DLLs into the VSWebCache folder under Documents and
    Settings instead of usual bin folder under the project directory.

    When I go to the project's properties and try to change the path to the
    output folder back to where it always was, I get a message that the output
    path must be in the project directory. Well, it is in the project directory.

    What happened? How can I fix this? Now when I copy a project to the web
    server, I copy the old dlls, unless I copy them manually.

    I guess this happened when for another reason, unknown to me, I've lost the
    ability opening my project using the file share, so I started to open this
    particular project using FP extensions. I don't know whether both issues are
    related to each other, but both started approximately at the same time.

    I would appreciate your suggestions.

    Thank you,

    --
    Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Peter Afonin

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    does this happen in both debug and release mode compiles?

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Dec 30, 2004

  3. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Yes, in both modes.

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Peter Afonin, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Peter Afonin

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Is it just with the one site/app or does it default that when its a new app
    as well?

    Just trying to figure it out since I've never had that happen.

    Curt_C [MVP], Dec 30, 2004
  5. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Thank you, Curt.

    No, only this particular one. The other are OK.

    Peter

    Peter Afonin, Dec 30, 2004
  6. Peter Afonin

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Hmmm....you could sit and try to figure it out, which might take a long
    time, or just save all your pages and such, delete the app/site, create it
    fresh and re-add your items. This may be quicker and less headache.

    Curt_C [MVP], Dec 30, 2004
  7. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Yes, I guess so. I have something going on with the security on my PC. I
    even had a case with Microsoft on this, but the only thing they could
    suggest was to completely uninstall VS.Net and reinstall it. Perhaps it's
    time to do this.

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Peter Afonin, Dec 30, 2004