Output/Input to a file instead of the browser

JD

Hello,

I have a CGI that logs into a a secure site of mine. Basically, all the CGI
does is send the username and password I have set up, and then the normal
page opens in my brower. But, I would rather send this HTML to a file, parse
it, and spit out a different page depending on the user that's logged in.

The problem is that once the username/password gets passed to the web
server, it opens to a new page, the default page. How can I get the HTML
from that page without it opening in the browser?

Thanks for any tips,
James

Stephen

Hi there ...
JD said:
Hello,

I have a CGI that logs into a a secure site of mine. Basically, all the CGI
does is send the username and password I have set up, and then the normal
page opens in my brower. But, I would rather send this HTML to a file, parse
it, and spit out a different page depending on the user that's logged in.

Why don't you just have the CGI look at the username/password and
generate the appropriate page in the first place?

That may seem like a dumb question, so let me recommend--- you might get
a better answer posting in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi. I think
this group has some particular rules about posting, so dig up their faq
first to find out.

Good luck
Stephen