    from that page without it opening in the browser?

    Thanks for any tips,
    James

    JD, Oct 23, 2003

  2. JD

    Stephen Guest

    Hi there ...
    JD wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a CGI that logs into a a secure site of mine. Basically, all the CGI
    > does is send the username and password I have set up, and then the normal
    > page opens in my brower. But, I would rather send this HTML to a file, parse
    > it, and spit out a different page depending on the user that's logged in.

    Why don't you just have the CGI look at the username/password and
    generate the appropriate page in the first place?

    That may seem like a dumb question, so let me recommend--- you might get
    a better answer posting in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi. I think
    this group has some particular rules about posting, so dig up their faq
    first to find out.

    Good luck
    Stephen

    Stephen, Oct 24, 2003