Output methods

Eliza Zadura

My scenario is:

I need to produce documentation from an application that stores data in
XML and a RDBMS. The desired output format is mainly to be used for
print. The goal would be to be able to provide alternatives like HTML
output and PDF output. The "dream" is to be able to provide editable
output in a format that can handle both text, links and images. The
images are .svg and there is an export function available (Ilog Jview).

Well, my question is: Am I dreaming, is it worth pursuing this or should
I stick with the HTML and PDF? Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. :)