Output Path problems with debug in vs 2003

Guest

Having copied a number of folders from my development PC (XP) to a
development server (W2003) and installed them under wwwroot (and created
applications in IIS) I have problems when I include the corresponding asp.net
projects in a solution. They build fine but when attempting debug (via F5) I
get "Load of property 'Output Path' failed. The 'Output Path' must be under
the project folder". The really strange thing though is that two additional
folders have been created. Thus if the project file is wwwroot\....\A\B\... I
end up will additional folders: wwwroot\....\A\A\B.

I have created a new folder structure and moved \B\.. to it and debug works
fine but when I copy it back to the original structure I get the problem
again. This is not limited to one specific project. It seems as though IIS is
remembering something somewhere but I do not know enough about IIS to guess
where.

Any suggestions?

Sambathraj

Hi,
Whenever you have multiple projects in a solution which are
interdepependent, its better if you use
1)Project references insttead of dll reference
2)Use a common output folder.Say for instance you have 3 library projects,
create folder "dlls" and redirect the output of the projects (both release
and debug) to the dlls folder. For Web application, leave the output path to
default.

I have been using the above structre and never faced such problems.

If you are facing problems in IIS related to dlls, try restarting the iis.

Regards,
Sambathraj

Guest

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am using project references and the phenomenon I described occurs with the
Web application (which is using the default path)