    I need accesss to session and cookies too.....

    Thanks
    Nalaka

    Nalaka, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Nalaka

    PeterKellner Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:24:27 -0700, "Nalaka" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I wanted to track visitors in asp.net 2.0 app.
    >So I added code to method Application_PreRequestHandlerExecute.....
    >
    >But, it seems like.. if output cache is enabled on a page, this method does
    >not get called.
    >
    >Is there a generic method that is always called, even on pages that has
    >output caching?
    >I need accesss to session and cookies too.....
    >

    >Thanks
    >Nalaka

    The order of processing is:

    BeginRequest
    AuthenticateRequest (cookie gets loaded)
    AuthorizeRequest
    RsolveCache (Page ouptut cache loads)
    PreRequesthandle (never gets here for cache)
    Httphandler...

    You need to put your processing after authenticate requests and before
    resolve cache.
    Peter Kellner
    http://peterkellner.net

    PeterKellner, Aug 14, 2006