@ OutputCache in usercontrol problem

marshal

Hi to All,

I am using <% @ OutputCache Duration="60"
VaryByParam="none" %> in my
usercontrol say "myControl.ascx". This user control has a
property say
"title".

Now am Dynamically Loading this control in "myPage.aspx"
like this
Control ctl = LoadControl("myControl.ascx").
and then performing casting operation in order to set the
property value
((myControl)ctl).title = "Welcome to my Site"

But when i run the page it gives me following error
System.InvalidCastException. Specified cast is not valid.

And the beauty of this problem is that when i remove the
line <% @
OutputCache Duration="60" VaryByParam="none" %> The page
successfully
executes.

Please suggest.

Thanx in advance
Marshal

Rory

make sure that the header information for your control
file contains a class name
eg <%Control ClassName="myControl"%>

for further info on loading controls dynamically:

url=/library/en-
us/cpguide/html/cpconinstantiatingusercontrolsprogrammatica
lly.asp

also note: if the user control supports caching, the
object returned from this method is not actually a
UserControl, but a PartialCachingControl.

Marshal

Hi rory,

i have checked the className its correct
As u r telling me that return type is
PartialCachingControl not usercontrol so now how do i
access the property of the control.
i guess am doing wrong casting..

Marshall