Outputs stop ignoring SIGINT with Event.pm

Brad

Vital stats:
Perl Version: 5.6.1
Event.pm version: 0.85
OS: Solaris 8 (Sparc)

I have a perl script that runs 24/7. It uses Event.pm to control various
processes and commands. To command it, I telnet into a particular port that
it listening on. If during the session I type a ^C the process would
terminate. I have attempted to ignore the ^C by two different methods:

1. $SIG{INT} = "IGNORE";
2. Event->signal(signal => 'INT', cb => sub{});

In both cases, output to the telnet process stops, but the perl scripts still
responds to commands on the port. If I break the connection and restablish
all is fine.

So, what do I have to do to reestablish output?

Thanx.

Brad

Brad

Brad said:
Vital stats:
Perl Version: 5.6.1
Event.pm version: 0.85
OS: Solaris 8 (Sparc)

I have a perl script that runs 24/7. It uses Event.pm to control various
processes and commands. To command it, I telnet into a particular port that
it listening on. If during the session I type a ^C the process would
terminate. I have attempted to ignore the ^C by two different methods:

1. $SIG{INT} = "IGNORE";
2. Event->signal(signal => 'INT', cb => sub{});

In both cases, output to the telnet process stops, but the perl scripts still
responds to commands on the port. If I break the connection and restablish
all is fine.

So, what do I have to do to reestablish output?

This is not a perl issue but a telnet issue. Telnet is the problem. Thanx.

Brad