outtextxy is stopping floodfill

kkrish

Hello all,

I am using MSDOS operating system and in a function of a program I
tried to display a few hundred lines of a file in graphics mode using
outtextxy().
The program gets 20 lines from a file and displays
them using outtextxy with colored letters .When the user gives a
key(up arrow) input the old content will be erased (i drew the old
text in background color) and new text will be shown fresh from the
file.
It worked but when I switched to some other part of the same
program which uses floodfill and fillellipse,etc the program does not
do them.This happens everytime after I call the file displaying
fuction.
Will continuous usage of outtextxy in different colors and
accesing the file contents frequenntly crash a program.I checked
whether I have closed the files and used fseek properly.Can someone
help me.
Thanks in advance ,
Krishna.

Richard Heathfield

kkrish said:
Hello all,

I am using MSDOS operating system and in a function of a program I
tried to display a few hundred lines of a file in graphics mode using
outtextxy().
Will continuous usage of outtextxy in different colors and
accesing the file contents frequenntly crash a program.I checked
whether I have closed the files and used fseek properly.Can someone
help me.

Your problem is either to do with C or to do with your calls to what
sound very much like Turbo C extensions. From your description, it is
impossible to know where the problem lies. If it's a C problem, we can
help. If it's problem using a Turbo extension, we can point you in the
right direction. But to find out which it is, we need to see your
program source code.

Ajinkya

kkrish said:

Your problem is either to do with C or to do with your calls to what
sound very much like Turbo C extensions. From your description, it is
impossible to know where the problem lies. If it's a C problem, we can
help. If it's problem using a Turbo extension, we can point you in the
right direction. But to find out which it is, we need to see your
program source code.

outtextxy, floodfill are all graphics related concepts. outtextxy is
included in the graphics.h library of turboC which not included in the
ANSI standards.

I think outtextxy will definitely effect floodfill if it overlaps with
the boundaries of the object you are filling.

Ajinkya

Richard Heathfield

Ajinkya said:
outtextxy, floodfill are all graphics related concepts.
Gosh.

outtextxy is
included in the graphics.h library of turboC which not included in the
ANSI standards.

Re-gosh. But how is your reply relevant to mine?

Default User

Ajinkya said:

Please trim quoted material. In particular, remove signature blocks
(like the one I left as an example). I know Google doesn't do that
automatically, so you need to do it by hand.

Brian

Peter Nilsson

Richard Heathfield said:
Ajinkya said:

Here you have a doubt.

You are informed that the functions being used are third
party, implementation dependant, graphics functions.
But how is your reply relevant to mine?

The OP's only substantive question was, "Will continuous
usage of outtextxy in different colors and accesing the
file contents frequenntly crash a program[?]". Having
been told that non standard functions are being used,
how do you see the C standard answering the question?

Keith Thompson

*I* thought it was some kind of spell for banishing text. "Out,
Textxy". Sort of like "Begone, foul fiend", but for text.[/QUOTE]

The spell for banishing text is "Plonk".

Richard Heathfield

Peter Nilsson said:

The OP's only substantive question was, "Will continuous
usage of outtextxy in different colors and accesing the
file contents frequenntly crash a program[?]".

Indeed. I was attempting, however, to deal with the OP's implicit
question: "it's broke and I can't fix it, what do I do?" It may be that
the problem he is experiencing is indeed related to the non-standard
functions he is using, in which case we can at least point him in the
proper direction, as I said in my original reply.
Having
been told that non standard functions are being used,
how do you see the C standard answering the question?

That depends on the source, surely? And I haven't seen that yet.