Overcoming the Changing Message IDs of emails in Exchange

Ram CBE

I'm using JavaMail API and Exchange Server 5.5

consider a case we hava 10 msgs in the inbox and we are to fetch the
latest 5 msgs (6-10).

The problem here is if any reply to msg bet 1-5, say 3, is done then
the msg 3 gets a new id that comes in the line of 6-10 and not the
original order as it should be i.e as msg 3. it becomes msg 10 and
when retrieved the next time, using the getMessagesByUid() method, it
shows up as the new msg according to the msg id.

how do i avoid this situation and get the msgs that i intend to
obtain?

Any help is well appreciated