    We use filestream object for this communication , is there some
    limit to it ?
    Kindly help plzz

    vir, Apr 13, 2006

  2. "vir" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > we use an E-office application where server is SQL server 7.0 and client

    side
    > its MS access
    > In our VB program we use ASP to synchronization and update client
    > database from server and each table is updated afresh . This program was
    > running fine and
    > all tables were being Updated until number of records in 1 table went
    > above 3000 . Now this table gives overflow error while others are being
    > updated correctly .
    > the error is 'Error in Function MaterialMasterUpdate: Overflow'
    > We use filestream object for this communication , is there some
    > limit to it ?
    > Kindly help plzz

    Check the function MaterialMasterUpdate for any parameters or variables
    defined as Integer and change them to Long. In fact take all variables
    defined as Integer and change them to Long (do not change members of a Type
    at this time though).

    Anthony Jones, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Anthony Jones wrote:
    > "vir" <> wrote in message
    >> we use an E-office application where server is SQL server 7.0 and
    >> client side its MS access
    >> In our VB program we use ASP to synchronization and update client
    >> database from server and each table is updated afresh . This
    >> program was running fine and
    >> all tables were being Updated until number of records in 1 table
    >> went above 3000 . Now this table gives overflow error while others
    >> are being updated correctly .
    >> the error is 'Error in Function MaterialMasterUpdate: Overflow'
    >> We use filestream object for this communication , is
    >> there some limit to it ?
    >> Kindly help plzz
    >>

    > Check the function MaterialMasterUpdate for any parameters or
    > variables defined as Integer and change them to Long. In fact take
    > all variables defined as Integer and change them to Long (do not
    > change members of a Type at this time though).

    Look for Singles and change them to Doubles as well ...

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 13, 2006
  4. vir

    vir Guest

    this does nt solve the problem ...
    is there some limit to string length in a fileobject ?
    as all values are in strings ?

    vir, Apr 19, 2006
  5. "vir" <> wrote in message
    > this does nt solve the problem ...
    > is there some limit to string length in a fileobject ?
    > as all values are in strings ?

    There is no limit in the size of a string in the file object (I'm guessing
    you mean the Scripting.File object)

    What error number are you getting?

    Anthony Jones, Apr 19, 2006