OverflowError in RLock.acquire()

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Roberts, Jul 24, 2009.

  1. Hi,

    I'm trying to port a Python application to Windows, and I'm getting
    the following error (which did not occur when running on Linux):

    Exception in thread Thread-4:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Python26\lib\threading.py", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
    File "C:\Documents and Settings\David\My
    Documents\pyzui\pyzui\tileprovider.py", line 97, in run
    self.__tilecache[tile_id] = Tile(tile)
    File "C:\Documents and Settings\David\My
    Documents\pyzui\pyzui\tilecache.py", line 165, in __setitem__
    with self.__lock:
    File "C:\Python26\lib\threading.py", line 115, in acquire
    me = current_thread()
    File "C:\Python26\lib\threading.py", line 803, in currentThread
    return _active[_get_ident()]
    OverflowError: can't convert negative value to unsigned long

    Where __lock is an RLock object.

    The error only occurs for a single class (which is derived from the
    TileProvider class in tileprovider.py, which in turn is derived from
    threading.Thread), which would lead me to believe that there's an
    error in my code, but the traceback doesn't help much, and I haven't
    been able to find any similar problems with google.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    --
    David Roberts
    http://da.vidr.cc/