    <APPLET CODE="menu.class" WIDTH=326 HEIGHT=240>

    Thanks for any insight.

    -JH
    Joey Harris, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Joey Harris wrote:

    > Does anyone know how this trick is attained using Java only!?

    I think the only possible way is to use java.awt.PopupMenu.

    It looks like a normal Menu or Contextmenu but is not very customizable.

    Regards,

    Tobias
    --
    <http://www.schierge.de/tobias/>
    Tobias Schierge, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Joey Harris

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Joey Harris <> wrote or quoted:

    > Originally I thought this was only possible through Javascript, but a lot
    > of companies are selling "Applets" which allow dropdown menus to overlap
    > surrounding HTML when a menu or submenu is selected. They use the APPLET
    > CODE tag for the applet and parameters and absoloutely no Javascript or
    > DHTML code.
    >
    > Does anyone know how this trick is attained using Java only!? How is it
    > possible for an applet to exceed its HTML placeholder's static width &
    > height such as the one below - and be able to display the menu on top of
    > the HTML below it or to the right of it, etc?

    Applets may open java.awt.Window objects.

    Do you have a sample site for us to look at?
    --
    Tim Tyler, Jan 2, 2004