Overlapping Text on ASPX Pages (seen on some browsers)

Harry Whitehouse

I've put up a few simple ASPX pages and they seem to display fine on all of
the IE versions in my office, but periodically I hear from a remote user
that the various text elements (distinct sections in tables, panels or just
laid in) are overlapping.

I'm using Arial pretty exclusively as a font.

What should I check on to see what is causing this problem on some browers?
Is this a screen resolution issue? An available font issue?

TIA

Harry

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Different browsers display HTML differently.
The only way to find out for sure how it will display in different browsers
is to test it with each browser that you choose to support.
It sounds like your problem is related to the grid layout positioning of
your page.
One solution would be to switch to Flow layout instead.

bruce barker

you are probably using grid mode. this will cause overlapping if the viewing
browser is not setup simular to the design one. this is because the layout
is in pixels, and the size of a font string depends on the font resolution.

to be sure elemets are not too tight together, switch to large fonts on your
box and redesign the page. try several different screen resolutions also.

you may want to use flow mode which doesn't have this issue.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Harry Whitehouse

Thanks all for your great suggestions!

If I simply change the page layout property to "flow" and rebuild, will that
actually convert to flow layout? I ask because when I did this nothing
noticably changed on my machine.

TIA

Harry