overlaying an image

Richard

http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/sample1.html

With this brainstorm I want to have the main image to be viewed overlay the
scrolling division rather than underlaying as it does now.
I am assuming perhaps the use of z-index to accomplish this and if that is
the case, then how to do so properly?

I've seen dozens of sites explain what z-index is, but none really show true
examples.

Any other ideas on how this might be achieved?

Also when you click on the large image, it reverts back to the poster image.
That much of the idea works.

Steve R.

Richard wrote in message ...
With this brainstorm I want to have the main image to be viewed overlay the
scrolling division rather than underlaying as it does now.

Forget the brainstorm, this works ...
http://www.myby.myby.co.uk/image/.

The top image links are to htm pages.

The lower ones just point to the image in the iframe.

Richard

Steve R.

Richard wrote in message ...

Don't worry, I don't intend to use them and I'm gonna replace those images
with some of my own for iframe 'demo' purposes in future. It's just that
they were 'handy at the time :~)
There should be a way to make the large image appear
over the division rather than under it.

I guess there might be, but I was just trying to put you out of your misery
as you appear to be really suffering over this particular project :~)

How many hours have you spent so far ?

Toby A Inkster

Richard said:

So Richard, am I to believe that you got permission from the copyright
holder (the makers of Star Gate) before posting the images yourself?

Richard

Toby said:
Richard wrote:

So Richard, am I to believe that you got permission from the copyright
holder (the makers of Star Gate) before posting the images yourself?

I do not have permission from MGM at this time.
I asked them once about using the material and they said I'd have to contact
them later about it.
On the one version I have clearly stated that the images are being used
without permsision.
Which is a lot more than 90% of the fan sites do.
Most don't even mention who owns the copyright.
Since I am not selling anything, there should be no legal issues.

Now how many sites have you seen with "homer simpson" and company on it?
Did you know the owners do not grant licenses to use the images?
When found, the owners demand the images be removed.

Richard

Steve said:
Richard wrote in message ...
Don't worry, I don't intend to use them and I'm gonna replace those
images with some of my own for iframe 'demo' purposes in future. It's
just that they were 'handy at the time :~)
I guess there might be, but I was just trying to put you out of your
misery as you appear to be really suffering over this particular project
:~)
How many hours have you spent so far ?

I'm just trying out various ideas as they come around.
I don't know if I'll ever really "finish" the whole thing or not.
Now I'm gonna try my hand at using z-index and see what happens.
As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

JustAnotherGuy

Richard said:
I do not have permission from MGM at this time.
I asked them once about using the material and they said I'd have to contact
them later about it.

I'd venture that it falls under the fair use exemption. It's free
advertising.

Toby A Inkster

Richard said:
I do not have permission from MGM at this time.

Precisely. So do you not see the irony?

You accuse Steve of thieving the images (when he was only trying to help
you), yet you had done the exact same thing.