OverLib - highlight text?

Dave

Is there a way to selectively highlight text in an OverLib popup? I'd
like to be able to make some text stand out from the rest of the text
that is displayed.

I tried using a one-cell table with background set to yellow, but that
caused the popup not to work at all (this might be a syntax problem -
I haven't been able to find any syntax examples for putting a table
inside an OverLib call)

Thanks
Dave

David Mark

Is there a way to selectively highlight text in an OverLib popup? I'd
like to be able to make some text stand out from the rest of the text
that is displayed.

I tried using a one-cell table with background set to yellow, but that
caused the popup not to work at all (this might be a syntax problem -
I haven't been able to find any syntax examples for putting a table
inside an OverLib call)

I don't know anything about OverLib, but using a table cell to
highlight text is not a good idea. Why not use a DIV or SPAN element
and style it using CSS?

And of course, you should post your code so others can see your
possible syntax problem...

Evertjan.

Dave wrote on 14 jul 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
Is there a way to selectively highlight text in an OverLib popup? I'd
like to be able to make some text stand out from the rest of the text
that is displayed.

..hi {background-color:yellow;}

onmouseover =

Dave

Dave wrote on 14 jul 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

.hi {background-color:yellow;}

onmouseover =

That works - I don't know why I didn't see it myself to start with.
Getting old, I guess...

Many thanks!

Evertjan.

-Lost wrote on 14 jul 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
Since you seem to like overLIB, make sure to check out overlimws:

http://www.macridesweb.com/oltest/

I absolutely love "BUBBLE."

Interesting! Must try it out.

On those pages they warn that Norton firewall does not like
having html elements in onmouseover parameter strings,
and prefers it this way:

<script type='text/javascript'>
myTemp = 'Next is <span class=hi>highlighted</span>'
</script>

"return overlib(myTemp ,WIDTH,270);"

I cannot test that, as I use McAfee on my pc.