overloaded global new/delete problem

tban

Hi all,

I am facing a peculiar problem. I am using a DLL which overloads the
global new and delete as it uses its own memory manager. I am linking
(implicitly) to this DLL.

I am using another static library which has my CPP classes. Say
SomeClass.
From my executable when I do

SomeClass *sc = new SomeClass() <---- the CRT new gets called

And when I do

delete sc <-------- The overloaded delete gets called.

This mismatch results in Heap related errors.

What is the issue here? This is Windows with VC 7.1.

Any expert advise greatly appreciated.

thanks
TBan

Ian Collins

tban said:
Hi all,

I am facing a peculiar problem. I am using a DLL which overloads the
global new and delete as it uses its own memory manager. I am linking
(implicitly) to this DLL.
You'll probably have better luck on a windows programming group.