overloading MAC (Safari) <-> Windows (IE 6.0)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Stijn Goris, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Stijn Goris

    Stijn Goris Guest

    hi all,

    My site at http://28edegem.be/takken.php?tak=9 shows some pictures of
    people. These peactures are conained within a layer. The layer:
    div.leiding {
    text-align: left;
    vertical-align: top;
    overflow-x:auto;
    overflow-y:hidden;
    width: 435px;
    overflow: scroll;
    }

    The layer can not be bigger then 435 px. When the content size is bigger a
    scrollbar should appear. On IE the scrollbar appears nut on Safari the layer
    is streched. Someone knows what I m doing wrong. I did the test with
    http://www.danvine.com/icapture/

    kind regards
    Stijn
    Stijn Goris, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Stijn Goris

    Kris Guest

    In article <fa2Yb.3241$-ops.be>,
    "Stijn Goris" <> wrote:

    > My site at http://28edegem.be/takken.php?tak=9 shows some pictures of
    > people. These peactures are conained within a layer. The layer:
    > div.leiding {
    > text-align: left;
    > vertical-align: top;
    > overflow-x:auto;
    > overflow-y:hidden;
    > width: 435px;
    > overflow: scroll;
    > }
    >
    > The layer can not be bigger then 435 px. When the content size is bigger a
    > scrollbar should appear. On IE the scrollbar appears nut on Safari the layer
    > is streched. Someone knows what I m doing wrong. I did the test with
    > http://www.danvine.com/icapture/

    No problems here. Safari 1.0 / Mac OS 10.2.8

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Stijn Goris

    Jim Royal Guest

    <> wrote:

    > My site at http://28edegem.be/takken.php?tak=9 shows some pictures of
    > people. These peactures are conained within a layer. The layer:
    > div.leiding {
    > text-align: left;
    > vertical-align: top;
    > overflow-x:auto;
    > overflow-y:hidden;
    > width: 435px;
    > overflow: scroll;
    > }
    >
    > The layer can not be bigger then 435 px. When the content size is bigger a
    > scrollbar should appear. On IE the scrollbar appears nut on Safari the layer
    > is streched. Someone knows what I m doing wrong. I did the test with
    > http://www.danvine.com/icapture/

    No problems here. Safari 1.2, Mac OS X 10.3.

    --
    Jim Royal
    "Understanding is a three-edged sword"
    Jim Royal, Feb 16, 2004