    an anchor in the same page or to an anchor in a file in the same
    directory?

    Howard

    hrh1818, Feb 14, 2008

  2. hrh1818

    hrh1818 Guest

    On Feb 13, 8:27 pm, hrh1818 <> wrote:
    > I would like to modify a Web page that sets the reference for links
    > to:
    > target="_blank"> so I can use relative links to an anchor in the same
    > page or to an anchor in another file located in the same directory.
    > The <base setting can not be changed as the Web Page contains over 500
    > links to other files. The links were generated by a Perl script. I
    > tried the following link <a href="messagetopic">Topics that reference
    > files </a> with the following anchor :
    > <a name="messagetopic">Topics that reference files</a> but it doesn't
    > work. What should I do to modify my relative link so I can navigate to
    > an anchor in the same page or to an anchor in a file in the same
    > directory?
    >
    > Howard

    I think my problem is all of the files I am modifying are stored on my
    home computer. Where as the base path is set up for working with
    files stored on Yahoo. Hence I need to do two things. Temporarily
    modify the base path for use with my home computer and then make sure
    the path on my home computer from the base path is exactly the same as
    it will be when the files are up loaded to Yahoo.

    Howard

    hrh1818, Feb 14, 2008