Override default base URL reference

hrh1818

I would like to modify a Web page that sets the reference for links
to:
target="_blank"> so I can use relative links to an anchor in the same
page or to an anchor in another file located in the same directory.
The <base setting can not be changed as the Web Page contains over 500
links to other files. The links were generated by a Perl script. I
tried the following link <a href="messagetopic">Topics that reference
files </a> with the following anchor :
<a name="messagetopic">Topics that reference files</a> but it doesn't
work. What should I do to modify my relative link so I can navigate to
an anchor in the same page or to an anchor in a file in the same
directory?

Howard

hrh1818

I would like to modify a Web page that sets the reference for links
to:
target="_blank"> so I can use relative links to an anchor in the same
page or to an anchor in another file located in the same directory.
The <base setting can not be changed as the Web Page contains over 500
links to other files. The links were generated by a Perl script. I
tried the following link <a href="messagetopic">Topics that reference
files </a> with the following anchor :
<a name="messagetopic">Topics that reference files</a> but it doesn't
work. What should I do to modify my relative link so I can navigate to
an anchor in the same page or to an anchor in a file in the same
directory?

Howard

I think my problem is all of the files I am modifying are stored on my
home computer. Where as the base path is set up for working with
files stored on Yahoo. Hence I need to do two things. Temporarily
modify the base path for use with my home computer and then make sure
the path on my home computer from the base path is exactly the same as
it will be when the files are up loaded to Yahoo.

Howard