override default disabled font color

Guest

HI there. I use IE7. We have a user with bad eyesight. he cannot read the
font when IE makes an input disabled (the light grey color font). I am able
to change the background to a different color to white to try and increase a
contrast, but he still cant read it. Does anyone know a workaround to
override this font behaviour when an input is disabled="disabled" ???

bruce barker

don't use disabled for a textbox. create your own textbox control, and
have it render just text when disabled is set.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

thanks. i have already thought of ways to 'replace' this functionality, but
we dont have the time to redevelop the entire system to do different
behaviour for disabled text boxes. Hence i'm trying for a quick win to
improve things for this one user. If you can test for the disabled property
and change the background colour by changing the class using javascript, why
cant i change the font color aswell?