Override main style sheet in masterpage

jessicalgaudette

I have been asked to change some background colors in a website that
use a masterpage. This only effects 6, with each set of 2 using a
different stylesheet of the many web pages, but I am having trouble
trying to override the main stylesheet on the pages it effects. Can
anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can use subclasses master pages and only override the colors you need to
(in the page, not the CSS file). This is probably the easiest way to do it.
Anything embedded on the page proper will override styles in the CSS file,
per rules of CSS. As another option, you can add different CSS files for
that portion. Same idea, but linked rather than embedded.

If this is not good enough, you can link the CSS file during render
programatically. I am not sure how exactly one would do this, but I am sure
you can google it. I would say this is a second option if all you are doing
is changing a few colors.

Hillbilly

Insufficient information for me; are you using a Theme or StyleSheetTheme?
Have any controls been bound to a stylesheet, i.e. CssClass="SomeClass" and
when you say --background-- what do you refer to? The background of the
page? What? What do you mean effects 6 with each set of 2? Of what?

Yes, these criteria matter to give a cogent reply.