Override the generated soap:address in WSDL

MP

Hi all,
I have a problem with my web service: when installed to certain servers
(e.g. load balanced) the URL specified in soap:address gets changed to a
private address, making the service unusable. Is there any way to override
the soap:address generated by the web service or other way round this?
Thanks

John Saunders

MP said:
Hi all,
I have a problem with my web service: when installed to certain servers
(e.g. load balanced) the URL specified in soap:address gets changed to a
private address, making the service unusable. Is there any way to override
the soap:address generated by the web service or other way round this?

Consider how the address is being used. It's simply used as the default URL
for the web service in the client. If you set the Web Reference to Dynamic,
you will be able to set the URL in the application config file.

You can also set the URL at runtime by setting the Url property of the
proxy.

John

John Saunders

MP said:
Hi John,
thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't apply to my situation.
I try to explain it better:
my web service receives calls from a non-.NET application, so I have no
proxy.
When I try to retrieve the WSDL from the browser using for instance an URL
like this:
https://mysite.com/....?WSDL
the downloaded WSDL contains a <soap:address> like this:
http://mysite.com:81/...?WSDL
and I think this is why the client gets a misleading error message "xml
document must have a top level node".
This is why I'm looking for something that allows me to control that URL
in the WSDL (or to any other workaround).

I'm afraid I have no suggestions. I use hand-written WSDLs, so I would never
have seen the problem.

I wonder if the ?WSDL at the end is normal, though. I think that the
<soap:address> is meant to be the address of the service, not of the WSDL.

John