Override the generated soap:address

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Oscar Thornell, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have a web service (.NET 1.1) that is deployed into a heavily fortified
    area with a lot of different network segments/proxies/firewalls...

    The server(Win 2003) in itself is not protected and the web service is
    accessed using normal HTTP. However requests orginiating from other segments
    are only allowed if they are made through HTTPS.

    With a call to https://someaddress/someapp/someservice.asmx?wsdl the ASP.NET
    runtime generates a wsdl file with a soap:address endpoint like this:
    <soap:address location="http://someaddress/someapp/someservice.asmx" />

    and I need it to look like this: <soap:address
    location="https://someaddress/someapp/someservice.asmx" />

    I have looked at Kirk Allens excellent post about this at:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/kaevans/default.aspx
    but unfortuntaly this is not .NET 2.0 and I will not be able to use the
    "SoapExtensionReflector" class

    How can I override or pregenerate the wsdl file that is served through the
    runtime?

    Any help is more than appreciated!

    Regards
    /Oscar