    to reside in?

    Thanks!
    Jon

    Jon Glazer, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Jon Glazer

    Philip Ronan Guest

    On 7/10/04 3:42 pm, Jon Glazer wrote:

    > We are implementing an application in a frame that seems to have a lot of
    > "target=_top" links which, as predicted, pulls the app out of the frame its
    > supposed to stay in. Is there a way to force "_top" to be the frame it is
    > to reside in?

    Nope.

    The best you can do is use a batch processing editor to delete all these
    target attributes.

    Phil
    --
    Philip Ronan

    Philip Ronan, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Jon Glazer

    Noozer Guest

    "Philip Ronan" <> wrote in message
    > On 7/10/04 3:42 pm, Jon Glazer wrote:
    >
    > > We are implementing an application in a frame that seems to have a lot

    of
    > > "target=_top" links which, as predicted, pulls the app out of the frame

    its
    > > supposed to stay in. Is there a way to force "_top" to be the frame it

    is
    > > to reside in?

    > Nope.
    >
    > The best you can do is use a batch processing editor to delete all these
    > target attributes.

    I agree, but have you tried naming the parent form "_top"? Don't know if it
    will work but worth a shot.

    BTW, just wondering if "_parent" is a valid reference to the parent
    container for a frame?

    Noozer, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Jon Glazer

    DU Guest

    Jon Glazer wrote:
    > We are implementing an application in a frame that seems to have a lot of
    > "target=_top" links which, as predicted, pulls the app out of the frame its
    > supposed to stay in. Is there a way to force "_top" to be the frame it is
    > to reside in?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Jon

    Yes. Just rename target="_self" or remove the target.

    DU
    --
    The site said to use Internet Explorer 5 or better... so I switched to
    Mozilla 1.7.3 :)

    DU, Oct 9, 2004