Overriding a control to remove an attribute?

PJ

The dropdownlist renders language="javascript" when the autopostback is set
to true. This is invalid markup and I would like to remove it by inheriting
from the control and overriding the appropriate methods. How would I do
this?

Thanks,
~PJ

PJ

Well, apparently asp.net 2.0 adds a new setting to the web.config.

<xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/>

Changing the mode to Strict or Transitional prevents the rendering of the
language attribute.