Overriding AllowPaging and PageSize set in skin file

Guest

I am working on part of an application most of which is being developed
outside of my group. I may actually have two problems here. I have a GridView
for which the columns are generated dynamically from a manager class called
by the code behind for the page containing the GridView. The grid appears to
display properly. The HyperLinkField generated dynamically works just fine.
This application has a default.skin file which sets AllowPaging to true and
PageSize to 20. It seems to apply to any gridview generated within the
application.

My GridView generates with the Paging controls at the bottom of the form.
However, when I click any of the other page numbers, I get a Http Exception
for which I have no information other than that. Is there a way I can handle
this in the code behind?

For what I am doing, I don't really need to AllowPaging so another way to
solve this issue would be to override AllowPaging but if I set AllowPaging =
false in the GridView tag, it has no effect. Is there a way to override this?

Thank you!
Steve

Onwuka Emeka

You can create another skin for the GridView you do not want the allowpaging
attribute to be overriden by the previous one and set the SkinID of the
GridView to this new skin. I hope this helps