overriding form default behavior

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Peter, Jan 17, 2008.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    The following makes date2=something. Is there a way to make it <= or
    >=. I tried making it less than by placing date2< in the name field

    but that didn't work.

    <input type="hidden" name="date2" id="datefield">

    id is getting its value from javascript which returns a date in the
    form 2008-01-17

    The form is sending the values via POST.

    Thanks,
    Pete

    Peter, Jan 17, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Peter <>
    writing in news:a01a1953-46fa-4601-9810-4a0dc912b0e5
    @n22g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

    > The following makes date2=something. Is there a way to make it <= or
    >>=. I tried making it less than by placing date2< in the name field

    > but that didn't work.
    >
    ><input type="hidden" name="date2" id="datefield">
    >
    > id is getting its value from javascript which returns a date in the
    > form 2008-01-17
    >
    > The form is sending the values via POST.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Pete

    Forms return name/value pairs. The equal sign means that name equals
    value. It has nothing to do with less than. That is something that you
    will have to do in your script, client or server side.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 18, 2008