    onto my ASP pages?

    Any help much appreciated...
    Mark
    Mark Baldwin, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Hi Mark,

    If you're using the default web site mode, App_Code is a special folder
    that is automatically compiled by ASP.NET. For custom controls inside the
    folder, you can't put it on the Toolbox. To add something to the Toolbox,
    you have to have a reference to its assembly. Since the assembly for the
    App_Code is dynamic and unknown at design time, it's not possible to add it
    to the Toolbox.

    If possible, you could try Web Application Project add-on (included in
    VS2005 sp1 or can be installed separately for VS2005) which uses the same
    project model as VS2003 that compiles the web project into one assembly.
    You can add the assembly to the Toolbox and the custom controls inside it
    will be available on the toolbox.

    Hope this helps.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')